UPitP- April 25 and 26- Our non wandering weekend

Not a very exciting weekend but I thought I'd document it, just because.

Abby was supposed to have had a dance competition this weekend. It would have been the last competition of the season. Abby's foot is STILL (inexplicably) not 100% healed. So, if there's one good thing about the pandemic it's that the impact of Abby's most unfortuitous foot injury months ago  has been ameliorated by virtue of dance practice and dance competitions not occurring thereby giving her the gift of time to heal. (I feel like I wrote almost that exact same sentence when I mentioned in March that a dance competition was canceled.) She missed one competition in February which occurred, of course, before the prohibition of gatherings and events. She may have been able to dance in this April competition, had it occurred, but she likely would have been in pain. She's been doing some minimal dance practice (and her physical therapy exercises) in the basement but the movement she's doing is nothing as rigorous as dance practice would be.

Donnie had a board meeting Saturday in Dayton so he went to that. Abby and I went to the grocery store. When we came home, I checked the forecast to verify that 1) rain was in the forecast for the following day and 2) that temps weren't going to dip below freezing overnight in the next week. I wanted to plant some seeds in my garden but wanted to verify that rain was in the forecast and freezing temps were not. The forecast portended good planting weather so I planted carrot and cucumber seeds.*

Jacob had to work so we didn't see him until late afternoon. The girls hung out together in Alyssa's room- glad they have each other since they have a lot of free time. They spend plenty of time apart from each other; I'm always happy when they decide to spend time together. We talked about going on a walk or doing something outside but lassitude got the best of us and we just frittered the afternoon away- we got a few things done but didn't accomplish a whole lot.

We got Chik-fil-A for dinner. Curbside pick up for the win (the drive-thru line was INSANE- I'm glad CFA is getting good business during the pandemic and I'm also glad that we pre- ordered and chose curbside delivery).

As Donnie and I drove home from CFA, it started to rain (yay!, my seeds and existing plants needed it), thereby precluding walking outside after dinner. Donnie and I ended up watching a movie- we had to resort to a movie that we owned as our internet was having all sorts of problems and trying to stream data seemed dicey. The kids didn't want to watch the movie for which we had a Blu Ray and decided to watch- National Treasure 2 so we watched it without them.

Sunday morning, I went for a run. It was raining slightly and my leg was hurting slightly (the same leg that has a pulled muscle or something that isn't healing timely) so it wasn't the best run in the world but I'm glad I was able to do it. The rain started coming down much more steadily when I arrived home and the day remained a rainy one until about 7:00 pm.

We watched our church's service at 10:00 am. Jacob was called into work- he was supposed to have the day off of work. The four of us spent our afternoon in a similar state of lassitude as we'd spent Saturday. The unfavorable weather rendered going outside to walk not a feasible option (if only we'd taken advantage of the nice weather on Saturday...) At one point, we started talking about home improvement and we decided to go ahead with a project that we'd thought about doing for a couple of years. It will be a DIY project- or really a DDIH (Donnie Do it Himself) because "yourself" does not include me when it comes to using tools (other than a paint brush), having physical strength, and/ or utilizing mathematics to facilitate a home project. Fortunately, Donnie knows how to use tools (both power and simple ones), is physically strong, and does math seemingly in his head when he needs to figure out an angle, how to center something, etc.

We ordered the parts for the project online. When some of the parts become available is ambiguous, unfortunately (the one place from which we ordered parts din't indicate that the parts were out of stock but after we ordered them, said that we'd be notified when they were in stock). It's nice to have a project to look forward to completing and then enjoying.

We didn't do much the rest of the day. Dinner, probably watched some TV, read, etc. was how the rest of day transpired. And that was our weekend.

* I woke up Monday morning and saw that there was frost on the grass. NOOOOOOOOOO! IT WAS NOT IN THE FORECAST.

Comments

Popular Posts