Spring break, day 5- Wednesday, April 8

Wednesday was a hot one- I think temps got up to 77 degrees outside. Inside, the house got up to 79 degrees and then I turned on the AC. I hated to do that but 79 is a little hot for even me.

We didn't have any plans except to finish watching Frozen II. We could have gone on a walk somewhere but I think I pulled a muscle in one of my legs (or if not that, something is awry with one of my legs) and I felt like I needed to let it rest. I've been walking so much and hope to continue to be able to do that. Forcing myself to not be active will hopefully allow my leg to heal so I can crush walking again... (My standards of success are so low now! I just want to be able to walk with my family. That's it.)

The girls and I had about half of the movie left to watch. After we finished it, we all thought the movie was OK. But, we weren't watching it in expectation of loving it so it was not a big deal that we weren't blown away by it. The stove popped popcorn we had while watching it was the best part :). I remember the huge hit that the first Frozen movie was all those years ago. The girls loved the first Frozen (as did probably 95% of all little girls when it came out) and it was a little sad to see them so not excited about the second one. But they're teenagers and all now, so, really, I guess it isn't too surprising.

After the movie, the girls decided to catch some rays on the deck. I would have encouraged them to do just about any activity other than laying out, but they are on spring break and have so little to do. Next week they'll have school, albeit e-learning which is school lite, but that will still take up some time. Plus the weather is supposed to be really cool and not at all lay out weather.

Jacob and I made chocolate chip cookies while the girls were outside. We hadn't made cookies in a long time. Most of us at the house have been eating waaaaay more sugar than normal during this at home time but it's been in the form of candy, not baked goods. I forgot how good our chocolate chip cookies are :). Had a nice time catching up with Jacob in the kitchen. Working together on a fun task is conducive to conversation (at least that's what I've found with my kids).

Wednesday, the pastor of our church posted a short video to our church's website. The purpose of the video is to help prepare people's hearts for Easter. A video will be posted each day until the Easter service is available to watch on Easter. We sat down together to watch the video after we ate dinner.


Oh dear, I walked all of 1.15 miles and took 2,531 steps the ENTIRE DAY


Oh dear, it was time for the AC


Oh yum, these were a bright, albeit completely unnecessary, spot in the day


Alyssa had a Frozen themed birthday party back in 2013. I had to go down memory lane...


Alyssa with Bubby and Malcolm



Our little neighbors came over before the party started...


And then the big kids came... It was such a fun party.


I think it's safe to say that Alyssa's 7th birthday party will be the last Frozen themed birthday party we ever have.

Comments

  1. What happened to the kids picture on you Blog? I miss seeing their smiling faces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The picture was too big; if I can find a way to make it smaller, I will.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts