Weekending
Linking up with Holly and Sarah for Hello Monday on a Tuesday...
Had a very nice Memorial Day weekend!
I’m knee deep in grad party preparing so I’m not going to write much-
Saturday- goodness, I don’t know what we did until we went to a grad party in the early afternoon for our neighbor Jacob who graduated. We called him “Little Jacob” growing up since we had “Big(ger) Jacob” in our family! We have known Little Jacob his entire life- he was one of Alyssa’s first playmates. As they grew older, they stopped playing together and unfortunately, Alyssa was working on Saturday so she couldn’t go to his party. However, the rest of us did and enjoyed ourselves as we caught up with other neighbors who were at the party and Jacob’s family.
I didn’t get a picture of Jacob (he was outside while we were inside the whole time) but I got a few of the kids who were inside.
We could only stay for a little over an hour because we had a cook out to attend. We had a great time at the cook out and were there almost seven hours! I may have fallen asleep… The last two hours of the get together entailed watching a movie outside. Donnie and I shared the most comfortable bean bag and I was out about an hour into the movie.
That did not go over well for trying to get back to sleep once home and in bed. I got up and read so it was all good.
Sunday was another grad party. The forecast called for storms but we only got rain. The grad party was outside and the weather held out for that, thank goodness. It was great to celebrate with one of Alyssa’s best friends.
Sunday evening Jacob came home for dinner. Had a nice meal out (Archer’s- we got carry out) and then the guys watched basketball. I went to bed early as I’d only gotten a few hours of sleep the night before.
Here are a few pictures from the weekend:
Saturday at the grad party: These were some of the kids who were in the kitchen when I said I needed a picture. There were more neighbor kids around.
At the cook out after the grad party…
A picture of Jude and me- Jude just finished 6th grade and he was my biggest fan in 6th grade when I subbed! He loved it when I subbed in one of his classes and thought it was cool to know the sub. That likely won’t last much longer (either the subbing (probably) or his thinking it’s cool that he knows a sub outside of the classroom). He is the sweetest!
Top Gun for the win and apparently the sleep for me…
Madi the gradi!
Madi’s little sister- she was my biggest fan in the 8th grade. When she was in 6th grade, she was in my class when I did a long term sub job. She thought it was so cool that she knew me (since Alyssa and her sister were good friends) which I didn’t expect would last. But every time that she saw me in junior high, she gave me a hug so I guess students can still like their favorite sub after 6th grade...
This 2024 tray was so cute and in the heated pans were Cane’s chicken tenders and the Texas toast from Cane’s. Alyssa had just been craving Cane’s so it hit the spot. 😊
Yesterday, I was looking up CS Lewis quotes to use in a grad project. (He has so many good ones!) I don’t remember reading quotes of his about democracy before. Naturally, what he said about democracy was good! Since it was Memorial Day, I thought I would share them here.
He wrote,
Then I found this quote by Milton Friedman and it resonated with me especially on Memorial Day and in a presidential election year.
Freedom is a rare and delicate plant. Our minds tell us, and history confirms, that the great threat to freedom is the concentration of power. Government is necessary to preserve our freedom, it is an instrument through which we can exercise our freedom; yet by concentrating power in political hands, it is also a threat to freedom. Even though the men who wield this power initially be of good will and even though they be not corrupted by the power they exercise, the power will both attract and form men of a different stamp.












Looks like an awesome weekend. Always good to get together with friends and family.
ReplyDeleteThanks! For sure!!
DeleteWhat a fun and crazy time of year for all of you- hope you enjoy every day!! :)
ReplyDeleteThank you, Holly!
DeleteIt sounds like a very festive weekend!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Tanya- it was!
DeleteWow! What a busy weekend of parties. It sounds like it was a lot of fun.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Joanne- yep, lots of fun :)
DeleteSounds like you were on the party circuit this weekend. How fun! I love the pans. Have a nice week! Hope your injury is healing well!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Joyce! Yes, lots of parties!!
DeleteWhat a busy - and fun - few weeks you have had! I love all the photos and the memories you are not only making but do such a good job of documenting! Those 2024 bowls/platters are great...and all the food looks so yummy!! I know your own grad party is going to be wonderful!!
ReplyDelete