Weekending

 Linking up with Holly and Sarah for Hello Monday:



Had a nice Mother’s Day weekend- by the end of the weekend, I had seen all three kids and for that I was grateful. I wasn’t together with all three at once. Unfortunately, as the kids are getting older, it is not always possible for all of us to be together on a given day. 

Abby has finals this upcoming week so coming home this weekend was originally not in the cards for her. The good news is that she only has one final and one project to finish up (the rest of her end of semester grades were projects) and her boyfriend decided to go home briefly on Saturday so Abby hitched a ride with him. They got in very early Saturday morning (like 1:30 am) and left by about 4:00 pm on Saturday so it wasn’t a long visit; however, not expecting it at all, it was a great treat!

We didn’t do too much while Abby was here. We mainly just hung out. Abby had some studying to do and Donnie and I ran an errand while she did that. Alyssa worked and when she got off work, the girls and I were going to do some shopping but we kept getting delayed for various reasons getting out the door and then Abby had to leave. Short but sweet visit for sure- Donnie will pick her up later this week as she will be done with the semester and then we will get to spend a lot of time together this summer. 

Shortly after Abby left, Donnie, Alyssa and I went to one of Alyssa’s good friend’s grad party. (The seniors have not graduated but for whatever reason, this party was the weekend before graduation.) It was such a great party celebrating an amazing senior. Alyssa’s boyfriend picked her up from the party so just Donnie and I returned home. We started to watch the Jerry Seinfield movie, Unfrosted, but we found it unfunny and not worth our while to continue watching. 

Sunday, we decided to go to the early church service since Alyssa had work at 1:00. Shortly after we arrived home, Alyssa and I headed out to get a few items at the store and then to pick up lunch. Our favorite sub shop had BOGO on small subs on Mother’s Day so we had to take advantage of that ;). Alyssa went into work and relaxed until it was time to go to dinner.

For dinner, we drove down to Cincinnati to meet some of Donnie’s family for dinner. Normally, the Cincinnati family comes up north and we eat dinner at a place close to us. Now that Jacob lives in Cincinnati, we are the only ones north of the city so I thought it made sense for us to drive down to eat dinner in Cincinnati. My mother in law suggested a place called El Coyote. The food was good though very slow to arrive at the table (our server informed us that the kitchen was behind so we knew we would have to wait). After dinner, we went to my mother in law’s place where she had dessert. She gave Denise and me presents and we gave her ours. By the time we drove home, it was time to get ready for bed. 


I forgot until I saw this in my camera roll.  On Saturday, I noticed a package on the front porch addressed to me. I was expecting a delivery so I assumed it was something I ordered. I opened the box and saw this box of goodies inside. There was no note regarding who it was from. Who thinks that I am awesome? I had to know! It didn’t seem like anything the kids would get me (Alyssa gave me the sweetest gift on Mother’s Day- one of those large flower Lego sets and Jacob got me Beats wireless headphones) and many friends brought me gifts in the early stages of me being post surgery. I finally figured it out- I had a message in my inbox from Amazon that I ignored on Saturday (I thought it was spam). The email stated that the gift box was from the library board. Mystery solved- it was very sweet of the board!

And how is this is for sweet- Alyssa insisted that I have half of her Crumbl cookie. Friday was Alyssa’s last regular school day (my stars...). On Friday for dinner, she and I went to pick up dinner and the restaurants (yes, we stopped at two places) were both near our closest Crumbl cookie store. I offered to get Alyssa a four pack of cookies but she said that only the chocolate chip sounded good to her and she only wanted one of those. So I just bought one and Alyssa only ate half and wanted me to have the other half. Yum!

The little box for just one cookie was adorable!

 


Comments

  1. Glad you got to see all three of your cherubs and sounds like a lovely Mother's Day Weekend XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Holly- yes it was! Glad yours was nice, too!

      Delete
  2. I feel like I'm always trying to get my whole family in the same place at the same time, but it is so rare. I absolutely love when it happens! I need some wirelesss headphones. Do you like the new ones?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not had a chance to try them out yet. I am so excited to have them!

      Delete
  3. We're throwing Alec's grad party 2 weeks prior to graduation; it was just easier for us that way and it's not like he's not going to graduate at this point. LOL. It sounds like you had a lovely weekend. That library gift pack is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet gift you received! So nice to see all your kids throughout the weekend. Sounds like a fun, busy time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marilyn! Yes, it will be busy around here for the next few weeks but then things should die down (and hopefully by then, I will be close to being able to drive!).

      Delete
  5. Thanks, Joanne- Yes, there are only so many weekends in the grad party season so people definitely should do whatever works for them. Speaking of not graduating, Alyssa has one test tomorrow. I asked her if she was worried about it. She said, that no, all she has to do is pass the test to pass the class- actually, she said that she could get a -60 on the test and still pass the class. She is not planning on studying too hard, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely surprise gift! We watched Mother of the Bride with Brooke Shields this weekend, it was cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to watch that- if Donnie doesn´t want to watch it with me, hopefully Abby will ;).

      Delete
  7. What a great weekend! Even if Abby was only there for a short time, I'm so glad that you got to see all of your people. I got to see mine too! I'm sharing about this tomorrow on my blog, but my Noah is moving in a little over a week to Dallas. I've been in denial until now. Our world is changing drastically with this move, because there will be seven hours between us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer! Oh wow, seven hours away is a lot. It sounds exciting for him though (assuming it is something that he wants rather than has to do!). I was really glad to see Abby especially since it was unexpected!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts