Weekending- Big Gulps, a big Dance (aka prom), & a birthday
Saturday morning, Alyssa and Donnie went out to get coffee (they got it to go) and they got me a Big Gulp :).
Alyssa and I went to the grocery store- it was the first time that I had been to the grocery store since March. Not seeing the high prices on items was bliss when I didn’t go to the grocery store; however, we used digital coupons, took advantage of sales and felt like we did as good as we could on Saturday...
In the afternoon, Alyssa and I went to her hair appointment for prom. We were both fairly worried it may be for naught- rain was in the forecast for around the time that the kids planned to be outside for pictures. It did not rain, thank goodness, but the humidity took its toll. Still, way better than rain. At the salon, Alyssa had a stylist whom we’d not seen before (we booked based on time slots that were open). Alyssa had never been to a salon for anything other than a hair cut. She really enjoyed the experience with our stylist (guess “our” is not the exactly the right word but that is how I came to see her ;)). The stylist was super sweet and did a good job with Alyssa’s hair. The stylist whom Abby and I used to use stopped styling hair in order to stay home with her baby. I am thinking that we will start using this stylist.
Donnie and I had to skedaddle almost as soon as Alyssa and I arrived home from the hair appointment. We were headed out to celebrate George’s birthday at a cook out. We had to leave George’s party early to meet Alyssa and her boyfriend and his parents at a park for prom pictures. We are choosing to believe that George forgave us ... Does this look like the face backside of one who is mad about early party departers?
Happy Birthday George! Thanks for letting us party with you!
Before we left, I wanted my picture taken with Marilyn, my anesthesiologist. Again, “my” may not be the correct word. She was the doctor who administered anesthesia to me when I had my surgery on Easter. I’ve known Marilyn for a few years; when I realized on my surgery day back in March that Marilyn was my anesthesiologist, I thought that was neat.
We met Alyssa and her boyfriend at Smith Gardens in Oakwood before they went to Wright Patterson Air Force Base where the prom was being held (specifically the AF museum)
The tiny park packs a pretty punch...
One theme of the day was definitely ¨pretty¨
...and flowers. After prom pictures, Donnie and I had about forty five minutes before we were meeting friends at the theater to watch Fall Guy. I asked Donnie if we could stop at Home Depot to get some flowers (it’s not where I normally shop for flowers but since I can’t drive, I need to take advantage of being out and about. The HD was near the movie theater so it worked out well.) The movie was pretty good. Silly but entertaining.
Sunday morning was another coffee/ Big Gulp for me run by Donnie and Alyssa. Then it was church and preparing some meals. I made two meals for a family member who had surgery this past week. I doubled the recipe of one of them to make dinner for us for today and there was still more left so I packed a meal for Jacob since we would be seeing him later in the day. I also baked cookies with the dough that I made on Friday. The kitchen looked like a tornado had come through it before everything was cleaned up but it was all worth it...
One of the meals that I made was one that I found on Holly’s blog- roasted shrimp and orzo.
Bub’s meal (the main dish is under the cookies and cuties)- he always appreciates a meal that he hasn’t had to prepare.
We drove down to West Chester to deliver meals and visit a bit with Mark who had surgery. Jacob met us in West Chester for the visit and then we went to a local sports bar for dinner. The food was pretty good.
At the end of our meal, Jacob begged me to take his picture (el oh el).





























Oh Alyssa looks SO BEAUTIFUL! Her hair come out lovely and just love her dress- the pic of her and Donnie? Twins! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Holly! I know, they look so much alike!!
DeleteYou look vibrant with the boot on and my goodness, I know you don't take getting around for granted. Alyssa looks beautiful and it all sounds like a great weekend. That is so neat about your friend who was with you for the surgery.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Marilyn! Yes, it was a nice surprise at the hospital to see a familiar face... though I hope never again to never see her again in a hospital setting! It was a good weekend- nice to be out and about for a change ;).
DeleteYour daughter looks so pretty. I love the color of her dress! You seem to be doing well with the boot...wishing you a speedy recovery!
ReplyDeleteThank you Joyce! It´s not too bad getting around in my boot- just wish it was on my left side so I could drive. Not driving is getting old really fast! I liked the color of my daughter´s dress as well- it was very flattering and a little bit unique especially with some of the other colors on top.
DeleteWhat a great weekend! I know you loved being out and in that walking boot, too...that is some great progress, my friend. I love those flowers in the basket at HD! I love the flowers that are in stores like that this time of year. We will be purchasing some soon for ourselves, possibly this weekend! It's almost always Mother's day weekend when do this. I hope you have a happy Monday!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Jennifer! Yes, I thought the flowers were so pretty in the cart. I just planted my flowers and veggies- the temps should be OK but we may get severe weather. Hope that doesn´t happen for numerous reasons...
DeleteWhat a fun time with the hair and then photos. I'm so glad you were walking and able to go. She is just gorgeous! My daughter dealt with similar humidity issues with her senior pictures!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Tanya! I thought the pictures turned out so great and thankfully no rain!!
DeleteLove the prom photos! But the further we get into prom season the more I am thankful that I have boys-- they are oh so easy. :)
ReplyDeleteYes, Jacob´s prom experience was much different that Alyssa´s!
DeleteGreat pictures.. her dress is beautiful. Glad it didn't rain.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Hena! I thought she picked a winner and yes, to no rain. We dodged a bullet because it was in the forecast.
DeleteSo nice of you to oblige Jacob and take his photo! Alyssa does look beautiful and what a great place to take photos. Will her boyfriend be going to the same college? So many exciting things in the next few weeks - months even! You are looking great in that boot, by the way!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Jennifer- you are sweet. Alyssa and her boyfriend will be going to the same college. There was no following of him/her going on- that is just how it happened. Yes, lots of exciting things!!
DeleteBeautiful promo photos! We've visited the AF Museum, that's an interesting place for a prom. I love orzo, will have to try that recipe.
ReplyDeleteI thought it was a really interesting place, too. Not sure why they had it there. Search on shrimp orzo in Holly´s blog to get the recipe. It turned out really good.
Delete