Wednesday Hodgepodge
1. What are you currently juggling in your life?
I am not juggling too much as my responsibilities are not too great. The biggest task I am undertaking is planning Alyssa’s grad party. It isn’t going to be at the house which takes a big burden off me but it presents some other challenges.
3. What food festival would you most like to attend? If you need help here are links to some of the bigger and more popular food events around the world-
Ten Food Festivals Worth Traveling To Find
2024 Best Food And Drink Festivals And Events In The US
20 Popular Food Festivals Around The World In 2024 For Your Unconditional Love Of Food
I like small festivals much better than large ones (I would prefer fewer food/ vendor options if it meant fewer crowds). There is an annual popcorn festival at a town not too far from us. I would like to go to that sometime as I love popcorn. I´ve never gone to it because I love stove popped popcorn and it’s easy to make. But I also like dessert type popcorn so I really should go this year...
4. May is the 5th month of the year. Tell us something you remember about your 5th grade year.
I am drawing a blank right now about 5th grade. I have a ton of memories from 6th grade on up but I can’t even think of who my teacher was in 5th grade :(.
5. What are your favorite five words right now?
“Let’s go out to eat”
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Today (Wednesday) is our 25th wedding anniversary!! We do not have big or even firm plans to celebrate it. By the time we are empty nesters later this year, I should have better mobility and that will be a better time to celebrate it with an out of town trip of some sort.
From our rehearsal dinner on May 21st (since I am writing this on May 21!)




Awww what a big anniversary- Happy Happy Anniversary! I swear that pic is Abby and Alyssa! Ha!! Good idea about when you plan on celebrating so you can fully enjoy :)
ReplyDeleteThank you, Holly! While gone are the days that the anniversary falls on a day with a kid having a practice or a game, it is just not the right time for a big celebration.Your comment about the picture cracks me up!!
ReplyDeleteThat dress from TJ Maxx is so cute and that is one of my favorite stores. It is good to have our daughters go shopping with us for their honest opinions!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Marilyn- I really like the dress and TJ Maxx. I can almost always find items there that I like. My girls are so good about giving me honest advice.
DeleteCongrats on 25 years! I am only nearing 20 here soon but I've known my husband 25. Gosh, I can't even imagine what it will be like to be an empty-nester. I might just die. LOL. No, I kid. My oldest is about to be a senior so I am sure by the time my 6th grader is gone, I'll be accustomed to it.
ReplyDeleteThank you! I joke that we have been quasi empty nesters for a couple of years now. My youngest was very busy the last two years of high school so my husband and I had many meals and evenings just the two of us together to prepare us. It will still be a huge shock and adjustment when we are actually EN but we are being cushioned for the drop! (I tried to comment on your blog but I had to reset my password to WP. Then when I logged in, it didn´t take me back to where I was. So I doubt it published my comment? I will have to go and take a look at it. Anyway, I enjoyed your post!).
DeleteAhh, what a sweet photo of the two of you glowing at your rehearsal dinner! Happy Anniversary! Nice to meet you at the Hodgepodge! I love to shop at TJ Maxx! Hope you have a peaceful Memorial Day weekend.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Ellen! Looking forward to reading your answers as well!
DeleteLove your #5! A popcorn festival sounds fun. Happy 25th Anniversary!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Pamela! I think a popcorn festival sounds really good, too. Our local mall used to have a popcorn place in it. I was so bummed when it went out of business.
DeleteHappy 25th Anniversary! I laughed at "Let's go out to eat." My favorite words too. I am so unmotivated to cook, especially for just the two of us!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Tanya! I can see how it would be unmotivating to cook when meals are just for two. I guess I will find out soon for sure...
DeleteHappy anniversary! I am loving those 5 words right now... and probably using them far too much.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Joanne!
DeleteA popcorn festival! Now that sounds like one I shouldn't miss. One of my favorite foods. Happy Anniversary! We celebrate ours in June but one of my grandsons was born on our anniversary two years ago so we'll be celebrating his birthday on the day. We don't mind! We have a big trip coming up in September and I'm viewing that as our anniversary celebrating.
ReplyDeleteAwww, I wouldn´t mind sharing an anniversary with the birth of a grandchild either. The symbolism of it is pretty neat! I hope your big trip planning is coming along nicely.
DeleteHappy Anniversary!!! Hope you find a great way to celebrate the milestone! How sweet that your daughter gives you advice on clothing - I miss having my daughter close by so we can bounce things like that off each other. But I'll see her this weekend and maybe do a little shopping? Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Kym! How great that you will get to see your daughter this weekend. I hope you have a great time. This summer may be the last one that both of my girls are home and I am trying to soak it in.
DeleteHappiest anniversary wishes!! I hope you guys had some time to, at least, go down memory lane! Twenty-five years - think of all the memories!! What a blessing:) And to think the nest will be empty in just a few months. Here's to all memories created in the next phase!!:)
ReplyDeleteThank you, Jennifer! Yep, so many memories! And hopefully many more :).
DeletePS - super cute dress!! And I, too, am happy when my daughter can give me the thumbs up or down!
ReplyDeleteThanks- daughters are the best!!
DeleteI'm late commenting. Happy anniversary. Enjoyed your answers.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Kirsten! Appreciate it!!
Delete