Currently- February

Joining Jennifer for Currently

Currently:

    Loving- Love may be too strong of a verb- very much like is probably more appropriate. But anyway, I am loving/ liking products from the photo company Mpix. Mpix produces professional quality photo prints though what I recently used it for had nothing to do with quality prints but rather the size prints that Mpix offers. I needed 3 1/2 x 5 prints- you know, the size that at one time was, if not the standard size, then a very regular attainable size of prints. Nowadays, neither Wal-Mart, CVS, Walgreens nor Shutterfly will print photos in the size 3 1/2 x 5. I was glad when I saw that Mpix offers prints in that size.

I needed that size for a small scrapbook that I’m going to start working on. And when I say small, I mean, the scrapbook itself is small. It’s perfect for some good photos that capture a  fun afternoon in NYC with my sister. I don’t have enough photos for a full size scrapbook- the small size should be perfect.  But, I would only be able to get one 4x6 print on each page unless I severely cropped each one. However, most pictures aren’t really cropable since tall buildings/ scenery take up the vast majority of the print. I should be able to get two 3 1/2 x 5 prints on a page. That is the plan, anyway. 


I am loving that I’m sitting here on my comfy couch writing this because that means that I’m not working. I don't post on IG so I don’t do IG lives- writing close to the time of publishing the post is as close to a “live” that I am going to do vis a vis the electronic world. In this moment, which will be gone, of course, by the time this is published, I am loving not working today. Two fairly tough sub jobs on Monday and Tuesday have me loving not working and appreciating being at home.

    Looking forward to- By the end of April, I will have (Lord willing) gone on four short trips. Bonus that three of the four are to locations south of me so hopefully the weather will be warmer than it is here. 

I am looking forward to Alyssa making a decision about college. She has it narrowed down to two and she has until the end of April to decide. I think that I’m OK with whichever one she decides on. 😏

    Trying to be romantic by- In an effort to abstain from TMI, I will follow the lead that my friend Jennifer used for this prompt and talk about Valentine’s Day decor. I didn’t put all of my decorations up this year. I’m not sure why and may rectify that but for now, here are a few things that I have out for VD.







I also have two heart themed sweaters that I am loving to wear right now. And I’m getting so many compliments on them! Pessimistically, I could view all of the compliments as some sort of indication that normally the clothes that I wear are bland, boring, basic, etc. so wearing Colors! Prints! Holiday Themed! sticks out more than normal. Or I can be more optimistic and assume people are complimenting me solely because they like what I am wearing. 😍


    Changing- I am changing my pop drinking habits and am really glad about that. I didn’t drink any pop from January 1- January 26th. I know that doesn’t sound too remarkable...but I was drinking more than two pops a day. It was just too much- a bad habit and I decided to quit cold turkey on January 1st. It went ok for the most part. I decided to have some pop on Alyssa’s birthday weekend. I enjoyed drinking it but I don’t want to get into the habit of drinking multiple cans in a day or even every day. Instead, I’ve decided to drink pop on the weekends only. That way, I will still drink it but it will not be an every day occurrence. So far, it’s working out well. On the days that I don’t drink any, I know that I would enjoy drinking a pop but I don’t feel awful about the deprivation.

Just a girl... looking at her beverage fridge and not giving into temptation...


We are changing our guest room into a guest room! It is currently a guest room in that there is a bed in it that no one regularly sleeps in so it is available for guests to use; however, the room holds vestiges of it having been a kid's room. We are removing the kid room like qualities about it to make it more guest room like.

    Celebrating- we celebrated Alyssa’s 18th birthday in late January. We will low key celebrate Valentine’s Day. 


Comments

  1. I love that Valentine themed placemat! So pretty. I also love the sweaters!! I don't really make a big deal out of Valentine's Day, and I have no decorations out whatsoever. I don't even know if I have any...lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Megan! I love the placemats as well. I have a Valentine´s Day runner for my kitchen table (the placemats are on the dining room table) but I don´t have that out yet. I put some decorations out today but still don´t have all of them out.

      Delete
  2. You have lots of cute Valentine's themed decor items.. I stopped using mine years ago and got rid of them. BUT I still wear lots of read/hearts/pink for the month. Alec had his decision made by Christmas but I keep insisting he needs to wait to see about financial aid too.... just in case that changes his mind at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is great that Alec has made his decision already. For Alyssa, there are pros and cons to both places she´s considering; I´m trying to not stress about it...

      Delete
  3. The struggle is real with drinking pop, or "Coke" as we call it here in the Texas. I really need to cut back since I am drinking about 2 cans each day. It's tough! That is so exciting about your daughter's college decision.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tanya! I don´t know when she will decide though it will have to be in the next two months. I was drinking about three cans of pop a day- so bad, I know. I was tired of constantly checking the fridge to know if I´d have enough to last me until I went shopping again, tired of hauling the big containers of pop into my cart to my car into the house, etc. - just tired of it all. You could try to go ¨cold turkey¨ with it and then ease back in. That´s what I am doing...

      Delete
  4. Love your Valentine touches! I gave up Diet Coke last year but substituted Coke. I gave that up on January 1 and haven't had one yet. It's tough, I'm always tempted but when you look at the amount of sugar in a can, it's awful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pamela! I have enjoyed reading about your Whole 30 eating in January. That takes willpower!! Not drinking pop (now less pop) was pretty hard- I really missed it at restaurants.

      Delete
  5. Oh I can't wait to follow along with Alyssa's college adventures- yeah! Love your Valentine sweaters and cute little lights too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Holly! We have a college adventure coming up soon :). Hopefully it goes well and I will write about it, lol.

      Delete
  6. Hooray for cute Valentine decor. I really like your placemats. They would just make you smile every time you sat down to eat. And I know why you get compliments on your sweater....they are sooo cute!! Again, just gotta smile! I never thought about it - but writing a post just before publishing it is about as live as it gets. I (sometimes) wish I could plan my posts way in advance but suppose I will stick with live time - ha:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer- scheduled blog posts are not in my future! It sometimes takes me several days to complete writing a post- I just work on them when I have a few minutes to spare. But, as soon as I´m done with it, I publish it. I love the placemats! Just a few small touches can make a nice (albeit, small) difference.

      Delete
  7. I have heard of Mpix. Glad you liked how the photos turned out. We barely drink any pop in the house. Even if we do M and I share a can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mpix has great products! I should say the prints are outstanding. I had a metallic sheen added to Abby´s senior pictures that I had printed through Mpix and loved how they turned out. I have not used the service for anything other than prints. Oh man, good for you for not drinking much pop. I love it!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts