Creation Museum- Getting there
Ever since the Creation Museum opened several years ago (10 maybe?) in northern Kentucky, I've been wanting to go to it. We'd heard that there's a lot of reading that accompanies the displays so in many ways, it's good to go when kids are strong readers. We figured the kids were at good ages from a reading perspective. Also, I'd read that kids (under 13) get in free during 2014. That was a good incentive to go! The admission price is a little high, I think ($30.00 for adults) so saving $28.00 (kids are $14.00 so we saved $28.00) was nice. The admission price is good for two consecutive days, making the price seem not as bad considering you have two days. For us, I knew we weren't spending two whole days there, although we were arriving in Kentucky on Sunday and staying most of the day Monday.
We drove to the Creation Museum on Sunday, straight from Alyssa's last soccer game of the CU Elite Invitational. That meant that Jacob and Abby had to go to a soccer game (the horror!). I had read the Creation Museum had pretty grounds near the museum with walking trails, a petting zoo and zip line. The forecast on Monday looked rainy, yet Sunday was beautiful so my thought was to go on Sunday to walk around outside and then on Monday, go inside the museum.
The plan worked pretty well. We arrived late Sunday afternoon and started walking. Some of us appreciate nature more than others.... let's just say that. Some of us appreciate capturing photos of beauty and our experiences in a beautiful setting more than others... let's just say that. I enjoyed walking around the grounds; not everyone did! It was a little hotter than it could have been, but really it wasn't even 80 degrees. And, Alyssa was tired, having played four soccer games in the past two days. So, I tried to take the complaining in stride! The grounds were really pretty and I'm glad we came up on Sunday to look around.
After our arduous (according to some) mile or so walk, we drove to our hotel which was about seven miles away in the city of Erlanger. It was dinner time by then, so we drove around until we found a restaurant that looked good (O'Charley's). After a satisfying meal, we headed back to the hotel. The girls and Donnie swam for a while even though the pool was cold. We were pleased to see large chocolate chip cookies in the lobby that unfortunately didn't taste quite as good as they looked! Breakfast at the hotel the next day was a little bit better and after eating we headed to the Creation Museum.
The kids and I pose near one of the bridges during our walk around the grounds of the museum.
So pretty!
At the petting zoo...
Jumpin'
Sightseein'
The beautiful area we were walking in and scripture placed at various places in the walk were great visuals and reminders of God's incredible handiwork.
Near the entrance of the museum.
Jumpin' again (at the hotel's pool)!
Daddy and Abby
Daddy and Lyss
We drove to the Creation Museum on Sunday, straight from Alyssa's last soccer game of the CU Elite Invitational. That meant that Jacob and Abby had to go to a soccer game (the horror!). I had read the Creation Museum had pretty grounds near the museum with walking trails, a petting zoo and zip line. The forecast on Monday looked rainy, yet Sunday was beautiful so my thought was to go on Sunday to walk around outside and then on Monday, go inside the museum.
The plan worked pretty well. We arrived late Sunday afternoon and started walking. Some of us appreciate nature more than others.... let's just say that. Some of us appreciate capturing photos of beauty and our experiences in a beautiful setting more than others... let's just say that. I enjoyed walking around the grounds; not everyone did! It was a little hotter than it could have been, but really it wasn't even 80 degrees. And, Alyssa was tired, having played four soccer games in the past two days. So, I tried to take the complaining in stride! The grounds were really pretty and I'm glad we came up on Sunday to look around.
After our arduous (according to some) mile or so walk, we drove to our hotel which was about seven miles away in the city of Erlanger. It was dinner time by then, so we drove around until we found a restaurant that looked good (O'Charley's). After a satisfying meal, we headed back to the hotel. The girls and Donnie swam for a while even though the pool was cold. We were pleased to see large chocolate chip cookies in the lobby that unfortunately didn't taste quite as good as they looked! Breakfast at the hotel the next day was a little bit better and after eating we headed to the Creation Museum.
The kids and I pose near one of the bridges during our walk around the grounds of the museum.
So pretty!
At the petting zoo...
Jumpin'
Sightseein'
The beautiful area we were walking in and scripture placed at various places in the walk were great visuals and reminders of God's incredible handiwork.
Near the entrance of the museum.
Jumpin' again (at the hotel's pool)!
Daddy and Abby
Daddy and Lyss

Comments
Post a Comment