Weekending
Friday was a busy day getting things ready for Abby to move into her apartment on Saturday. We had shopping to do and Abby had packing to do as well. Also, we took a little break Friday afternoon to sit outside on the deck. It was seventy and sunny- perfect weather! The forecast shows quite the heatwave for this week so we had to take advantage of non hot weather.
Saturday I woke up early and ran. It was only 55 degrees! It felt amazing. Donnie had a board meeting in Dayton in the morning so we couldn't leave to take Abby to college until he returned. When I returned from my run, Abby and I decided to take advantage of the still cool weather- it was about 60 degrees- and walk into town for coffee and tea. We did that and by the time I got home, I glanced at my watch and saw that I already had 15,000 steps. Not bad for just before 9:30 AM!
The weather- not bad for August in Ohio!!
The forecast- bad, but typical weather in Ohio for August
At the coffee shop, Abby got an iced coffee while I had a cinnamon chai tea. So good!
We walked past our town's pumpkin patch that's in the process of getting turned into a pumpkin patch. The place has lots of cute decor for photo ops and such. The pumpkins won't be on the ground until September. All of the grassy area will be covered with pumpkins soon!
Steps- not bad at all!
Donnie arrived home by 11:00. Abby and I had the car all packed up. It was packed to the gills but we got everything in the car. Abby is planning on coming home to celebrate Donnie's birthday before classes start on the 28th. {Living as close as we do to her college affords us the opportunity to see her often...}. Since she's planning to come back home so soon, we didn't have to bring everything everything just the items she'll need in the next week or so.
We went to Abby's apartment complex and got her key and walked around the clubhouse. Her apartment complex is a college one through and through (I think you have to be a college student to rent there though it is not affiliated with the college). The clubhouse has some college friendly amenities and the apartments come fully furnished so it's dorm-esque in some ways but it's definitely not a dorm.
We quickly got everything moved into Abby's room and then we went out to get a bite to eat and to go to Walmart to get supplies and groceries for Abby. We bade her good- bye shortly after we ate and got her items at Walmart. It was an easier good- bye knowing we'll be seeing her soon!
These next two pictures were taken after we ate lunch and went to Walmart. Both Abby and I started to feel not great- these pictures reflect that, unfortunately. We both felt better within a couple of hours. Weird.
We teen- sat Saturday evening. Alyssa and her boyfriend chose our house as their home base for the evening. That meant that Donnie and I couldn't go anywhere. That was fine! We did get to go on a short walk when Alyssa and her boyfriend left to go and get ice cream. We hung out with the teens after they got ice cream and enjoyed spending time with them.
I checked my steps after our walk- got way more than normal thanks to two walks, a run, and helping to get Abby moved into her apartment.
Sunday I woke up early, ran, read and then got ready for church. The church service was good and we were the last ones to leave the church because after the service ended we chatted with friends we hadn't seen in a couple of weeks. We relaxed for most of the rest of the day. I should have gone to the grocery store but reading my book sounded better! Jacob arrived at our house around dinnertime. His friend dropped him off at our house- a group of guys spent a long weekend in Traverse City, Michigan. I picked up dinner for us and we hung out with Jacob for a little while before he needed to drive back to Cincinnati.
















It is officially move in season for all these young adults! I'm glad y'all were able to get Abby settled and how nice to be able to see her frequently. That is a lot of steps to acheieve, especially so early in the morning! We had 2 days under 80 degrees last week and it was glorious. Now to face our hottest week yet, but thankfully, it is just one week and then we will be resume just the normal warm summer season and will be looking forward to seeing pumpkins on the ground soon!!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Marilyn! That it is (moving season for young adults)! I was impressed with my steps and that many doesn't happen that often so I documented it ;). We have a hot few days ahead as well but hopefully some relief is in sight by the weekend. It's almost fall so we've got this!
DeleteOk I am sooo impressed with your steps! Wow! #ninja - sending Abby positive thoughts for another great year!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Holly! It's gearing up to be a good year for Abby- appreciate your positive thoughts and encouragement!
DeleteThat apartment is lovely! I'm kind of glad to know I'm not the only one that picks reading books over things like cleaning house or grocery shopping. LOL
ReplyDeleteThanks, Joanne! Abby's apartment is nice. And I chose reading over things that I need to do way too often!
DeleteWhat a great weekend! I'm glad it was easy to drop Abby off since you'll be seeing her soon again. I am sure that makes a huge difference! I love that you teen-sat. We've done that a lot as well! That's a crazy amount of steps that you got in, my friend! I am sure you crashed that night once your head hit the pillow.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Jennifer! It really didn't seem like that big a deal to drop Abby off on Saturday- I know this upcoming weekend's good-bye will be harder because I don't know when we'll see her again.
Delete24,000 steps! What!?! That is a month worth of steps for me. Well, maybe a week. Or so. But you get the picture. I cannot imagine all them steps! I probably wouldn't be feeling great either - ha! Hope that Abby loves her place and the year ahead will be a great one!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Jennifer! It was such an unusually high number of steps- I just had to document it!! Abby is liking everything so far (though classes haven't started so right now she's just having fun ;)).
Delete