Currently

Linking up with Jennifer for Currently

Loving- I apologize in advance for sounding like a broken record but I am loving being home after having been gone for a month in New Jersey.

We went to New York City four times when we stayed in Jersey which was cool but... it wasn't home.

I have sappy tendencies.  When Abby and I turned into our driveway after being gone for a month, the headlights caught the flower patch in the front of our yard and I felt a lump form in my throat. The daises were in bloom. Before we left, not a one of them had bloomed. I love the enduring and consistent nature of perennial flowers as well as their beauty. 


Savoring- summertime and, more specifically, a non momentous summer. Oh sure, this summer is shaping up to be an unusual one what with Abby and me spending so much time out of Ohio. But next summer, if all goes according to plan, it will be the summer right after Alyssa graduates high school and the one where she heads off to COLLEGE in late summer. I know it's coming but I'm enjoying it not being here. 

Did not authorize the baby growing up and have been sort of kind of in denial over it... If I'm sappy over daises in the front yard, then goodness, babies turned the last summer before the summer they head off to college has me in a tailspin.


Celebrating- the 4th of July. I love celebrating our country and being patriotic. Our friends threw a fun 4th of July party on July 1st and our church had a 4th of July picnic on the 2nd. Having socialized for the holiday in advance of it, we were content to have a very low key day at home. Highlights included going to the pool, washing the car, and having a good meal out at Longhorn Steakhouse.  


Remembering- when my car was newer. My car hit 100,000 miles in June! When I got the car, it was not brand new. It was about a year and a half old and it had close to 30,000 miles on it. I've put 70,000+ on it- lots of trips and lots of just day to day driving. It's been such a good car. I'd love to get another 100,000 miles on it...

Trying- to convince myself to renew my sub license. I'm planning on doing it. I just haven't yet. The nice thing is that renewing it doesn't mean I have to sub a single day if I don't want to. It just means that I can.  

Comments

  1. Oh Baby Alyssa- my gosh she is beautiful! I can imagine what you are feeling because I am already dreading three years from now- eek! Sounds like it was an awesome 4th :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Holly! I know- I keep reminding myself that we still have time with her!! The next year will go by quickly... but we still have time with her ;). I hope your 4th was fabulous!!

      Delete
  2. Aw, love those baby photos!! We were discussing next summer already too and it's crazy to me that I'll most likely be packing up a kid to ship off to college. We actually just traded in our car because it was SO close to reaching that 100,000 mile mark and didn't want to have to put all the service into it that 100,000 miles entails.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joanne! You know I didn't even think about 100,000 mile service. My car usually indicates when service and/ or maintenance is due and since hitting 100k, nothing has indicated that it needs service. I will have to look into 100k service. I have a feeling the next school year is going to go by in a blur so I will try to savor the time. I would imagine you'll be like that with your son as well!

      Delete
  3. I know you're grateful to be home after being gone for so long! And also, about those senior mom feelings- they are NO JOKE. I was never prepared for that, with any of my sons! It would catch me so off guard. Your weekend of celebrating sounds fun! Our 4th also ended up being low key and the rain kind of changed it for us this year and we didn't shoot off any fireworks. It was weird! First time ever that it's happened like that. Are you thinking about subbing less this year?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Jennifer! There's just something about the baby (or for you it would be the babies since your youngest are twins, correct?) growing up that seems so sad. Even though you want it to happen on many levels...Regarding yesterday late afternoon, evening- it rained in Cincinnati where Jacob and Alyssa and her boyfriend were and here were sunny skies (we are only about an hour north of there). I guess the rain came from TN and stopped in Cincy! That is too bad that it thwarted your plans. I know the kids in Cincy were not happy with the rain. I will very likely sub this year. Yes, probably less. The real question is what to do when Alyssa is done with high school. I won't need to have a work schedule that corresponds to the school year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that time goes by so fast! I am already trying not to think about my youngest when she goes back to college this fall. Keep savoring all those moments! I can only imagine how it felt to come back home after being gone so long. What a gift to see the flowers blooming! It sounds like it was a good holiday weekend. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marilyn! It was!! I know that you are soaking up all the moments with your daughter.

      Delete
  6. I've never been to New York! I've always wanted to go at Christmas time. Seems so beautiful there during that time of year. Our 4th was low-key as well! We celebrated all weekend (starting last Thursday) and then got home from our camping trip on the 4th. We relaxed in the ac!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Crystal! I had never been to NYC so it was an extra neat experience. I've never been to Texas!! That is on my bucket list. Your trips to various places in Texas have me wanting to go to the state even more ;).

      Delete
  7. Hello friend!! I think I have a lot of catching up to do...you have been busy!! And stay busy! But I look forward to reading past posts and catching up in the days ahead! Looks like you are having a great summer! Hooray for summer:) I will be back - so don't be surprised if comments become excessive:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FRIEND! I have been thinking of you and wondering how you've been. I was just thinking about you earlier today in fact. I hope your blog hiatus is over but if you're *just* reading and commenting on blogs, that is cool, too. Great to hear from you!! I'm heading over to your blog right now...

      Delete
  8. Oh my word -- I love all those baby/younger kid photos. HOW do our kids grow up so quickly?!?!?!? And yes, I get sentimental over flowers too :) Also our car is inching closer to 200,000km and I'm hoping it'll keep going for a few more years yet. We shall see...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts