UPitP- Monday- Sunday, May 11- 17

I thought I wrote down what we did each day during the week but it turns out I only wrote down Mon. through Wed. so I guess I didn't :).

Monday- I ran over to Olive Garden to pick up some items that they didn't put in our to go bag when we got food there for Mother's Day. They didn't include three of our salads and we definitely wanted our salads. They were super busy on Mother's Day so I didn't call on Sunday, rather I waited until Monday. The person I talked to said to come on Monday and they'd have the items for me to pick up so that's what I did.

Abby had her AP Government test. She said it was hard but I'm sure she's glad it's over with. She studied really hard for it. She still has one more  exam to go. She also had "mandatory" online dance classes for the first time, covid quarantine. The online classes her studio had had the past few weeks hadn't been mandatory. Unfortunately, the zoom link to access the class did not work for Abby.

Tuesday- Poor meal planning on my part- I had to run out to Kroger to get something I needed for dinner that night. Abby and I watched a show on Disney+ that I'd heard good things about- A Fairy Tale Wedding. We didn't care for it too much which is unfortunate because we normally really like wedding shows. Our favorite wedding show is Say Yes to the Dress. We watch an episode of SYTHD at least every other day.

Wednesday- Alyssa and I made banana bread. We used a sugar substitute which is something I've never done before- trying to cut down on the sugar consumption.  The sugar substitute probably isn't healthy but it has zero calories so there's that... There was a recipe on the back of the sugar substitute bag for banana bread using the sugar substitute so we tried that. The recipe didn't include an egg which seemed a little odd and may be why the bread turned out so flat. Oh well, we ate it anyway. It was pretty good but I would prefer banana bread made with eggs and sugar. Abby had another zoom dance class and this this time, she was able to join.

Thursday and Friday- Very little specific recollection of what occurred. I know one of the days I went to the grocery store yet again for some items. This week was the WORST meal planning I'd done in a long time. Alyssa had a friend come over on Friday. As restrictions are loosening here in Ohio, it's time to take steps towards living not in fear and in isolation. I don't know Alyssa's friend's family well but I trust that they wouldn't allow anyone in their family to visit someone if anyone in the family had been sick recently. Regarding the fear of asymptomatic people spreading the virus, that is, of course, a possibility. However, if asymptomatic people are running around that means that the death rate is way lower than is being currently reported and there's less reason to fear the virus.

Many businesses were able to open up this week including retail stores. Yah! We didn't do any shopping but it was nice to know that we could. Over the weekend, restaurants were able to open if they have patio seating. Patrons could dine on the patio only, not inside.

On Saturday, we finished up the stair spindle project. We love how it turned out. I don't think we would have done it had the pandemic not occurred; I'd take 15 year old outdated spindles and no pandemic but... since the pandemic is here, I'll take the good things that come from it- from the big things like more time with the family to the small things like changing out stair spindles. Late in the afternoon, I spent some time outside chatting with neighbors. It was good to catch up and share quarantine life stories. After dinner (Chik- fil- A- Donnie and I had both had rewards of a free sandwich and we had many reward points to use), Donnie and I watched a movie that the girls had no desire to see.

On Sunday, we quasi binge watched church 😉. We watched last week's sermon since we hadn't watched it the weekend before. We also watched the current week's sermon. I'm not sure I remember what we did the rest of the day.  Donnie mowed the lawn since rain was in the forecast for the next few days. Jacob is our lawn boy but he worked all day so Donnie did it for him. Abby and I went on a bike ride Sunday evening. I'm glad we did it when we did- that rain in the forecast for the beginning of the following week? It'a came!

A few pics from the week

When Alyssa gets a hold of my phone and takes selfies...



When banana bread has neither egg nor sugar...





When spindles are removed from the second story...





When you're just hanging out installing some stair spindles...





When the stair project is DONE!!





Comments

Popular Posts