Alyssa soccer- league games
Alyssa's soccer team played four league games over the course of two weekends.
Last Saturday, Alyssa's team played two games in Indianapolis against teams out of Carmel. Her team won the first game that it played 3-1 and won the second game 8-0. I didn't go to the games. I didn't want to be gone for hours. As it turned out, Donnie and Alyssa were gone from our house from about 6:45 am to 5:30 pm. As much as I like to go to her games, I didn't want to leave the teens at home for that long. Plus, I wanted the teens to ref soccer games Saturday morning so it only made sense for me to not go to Alyssa's games. Alyssa played defense exclusively in the first game (I believe) which was a much closer game than the second game. In the second game, when we started to dominate, her coach switched the girls' positions around and Alyssa got to play some offense.
This past weekend, Alyssa had one game on Saturday and one game on Sunday. Her Saturday morning game was early and not super close by- a little more than an hour away across the Ohio River and into northern Kentucky. Her team won the game 3-2. We had a 2-0 lead at half time and in the beginning of the second half, our opponents, Kings Hammer Red, scored two goals quickly to tie the game up. We got one more goal and clinched the win.
Sunday's early afternoon game necessitated going to the early church service (we also needed to go to the early service because of Abby's dance) but fortunately didn't preclude it. This game was a home game at Posey. We played Ohio Elite and shut them out, winning 2-0.
I don't have any pictures of her games from Indianapolis but I do have a few from her games over the past weekend.
Early Saturday morning- On our way to Cincy to ultimately reach Kentucky and leave the Buckeye state on a beautiful CHILLY fall day. The weather during last week was warm; Tuesday through Friday, temperatures reached the mid 80's. The weather took a turn for the cool Friday evening into Saturday. Saturday's high was in the mid 60's. At game time, 9:00 am, the temp was in the high 50's but it was really breezy so it felt much colder. I had two long sleeve layers on and I was FREEZING cold during the game.
Approaching Cincinnati on I75 on our way to KY
Approaching the Ohio River...
...and Kentucky!
Game time-
Two girls trying to get to the ball...
One girl is eyeing the ball and hoping to get a shot into the net...
one girl is eyeing the ball with a different purpose...
both running hard...
...but the one who does NOT want the ball to go into the net
...gets to it and kicks it out of play!!
Heading back towards Cincy and then home after the game...
Cincinnati, if not Ohio, welcomed us once we were across the Ohio :)
Sunday's game at Posey
I took a picture after this one that definitely shows Alyssa getting to the ball first but her head is out of the frame (soccer picture taking mom fail no. 5873- I take worse pictures of Alyssa than of any other player on the team because I'm nervous when she's around the ball!!):(.
Last Saturday, Alyssa's team played two games in Indianapolis against teams out of Carmel. Her team won the first game that it played 3-1 and won the second game 8-0. I didn't go to the games. I didn't want to be gone for hours. As it turned out, Donnie and Alyssa were gone from our house from about 6:45 am to 5:30 pm. As much as I like to go to her games, I didn't want to leave the teens at home for that long. Plus, I wanted the teens to ref soccer games Saturday morning so it only made sense for me to not go to Alyssa's games. Alyssa played defense exclusively in the first game (I believe) which was a much closer game than the second game. In the second game, when we started to dominate, her coach switched the girls' positions around and Alyssa got to play some offense.
This past weekend, Alyssa had one game on Saturday and one game on Sunday. Her Saturday morning game was early and not super close by- a little more than an hour away across the Ohio River and into northern Kentucky. Her team won the game 3-2. We had a 2-0 lead at half time and in the beginning of the second half, our opponents, Kings Hammer Red, scored two goals quickly to tie the game up. We got one more goal and clinched the win.
Sunday's early afternoon game necessitated going to the early church service (we also needed to go to the early service because of Abby's dance) but fortunately didn't preclude it. This game was a home game at Posey. We played Ohio Elite and shut them out, winning 2-0.
I don't have any pictures of her games from Indianapolis but I do have a few from her games over the past weekend.
Early Saturday morning- On our way to Cincy to ultimately reach Kentucky and leave the Buckeye state on a beautiful CHILLY fall day. The weather during last week was warm; Tuesday through Friday, temperatures reached the mid 80's. The weather took a turn for the cool Friday evening into Saturday. Saturday's high was in the mid 60's. At game time, 9:00 am, the temp was in the high 50's but it was really breezy so it felt much colder. I had two long sleeve layers on and I was FREEZING cold during the game.
Approaching Cincinnati on I75 on our way to KY
Approaching the Ohio River...
...and Kentucky!
Game time-
Two girls trying to get to the ball...
One girl is eyeing the ball and hoping to get a shot into the net...
one girl is eyeing the ball with a different purpose...
both running hard...
...but the one who does NOT want the ball to go into the net
...gets to it and kicks it out of play!!
Sunday's game at Posey
I took a picture after this one that definitely shows Alyssa getting to the ball first but her head is out of the frame (soccer picture taking mom fail no. 5873- I take worse pictures of Alyssa than of any other player on the team because I'm nervous when she's around the ball!!):(.

Comments
Post a Comment