Weekending
Linking up with Holly and Sarah for Hello Monday:
Friday- I subbed and had, overall, a very pleasant day at school. Once home from school I worked on getting the outside Christmas lights on our house. It was fairly warm out- at least 60 and it was nice to take advantage of that to do an outside task. Before Donnie came home, I went out and picked up pizza for dinner. It was a beautiful evening and we ate outside on the patio. After dinner we watched a movie on Amazon Prime called Playdate. It was silly but not terrible at all with Kevin James and Alan Richter starring in it. It had been months, it seems like, since we watched a movie that we both enjoyed enough to keep watching.
Saturday morning, I woke up early- 4:40 something and a little after 5:00 headed outside for a run. Fifty five degrees at 5:05 am made for a five-tastic display AND comfort for running temperature.
Came home and got to work. Though I didn't leave the house for the rest of the day, I was busy...
Earlier in the week, we saw that the weather was supposed to be beautiful on Saturday with highs in the upper sixties. That's weather you have to take advantage of in mid November! We invited friends over for dinner so that we could grill and spend time together outside. Two of our couples friends were coming over- I wanted everything to look festive inside the house and out. I'm not sure if there will be many more opportunities for us to get together before Christmas- everyone's calendars seem to fill up so quickly. At a minimum, it seems unlikely that another beautiful, warm(ish) weekend will occur prior to Christmas.
I think I mentioned in a previous post that the house was completely decorated for Christmas. Well, yes and no. I was almost done earlier in the week- about 98% done so I rounded up and said that I was done, On Saturday, I finished up the 2% that needed to happen before it was completely done. I also made some sides for the dinner- Donnie was grilling steaks but I needed to make sides and dessert. The weather was indeed beautiful and it was a perfect day to rake the leaves that blanketed the entirety of our front yard.
As I raked, I listened to a podcast of Allie Beth Stuckey. She had Frank Turek on her show. I'd not heard of Frank Turek prior to Charlie Kirk's assassination. He was Kirk's mentor and was with Charlie in Utah at the Turning Point USA event where Charlie was murdered. He's a Christian apologist and has his own podcast titled, "I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist."
Frank was a speaker at the recent UC Berkely Turning Point USA event which turned violent. For part of the podcast, he discussed what that event was like for him and the other Turning Point speakers. Yikes... Tolerance and inclusivity were in short supply in Berkeley. Diversity of thought is BAD apparently and hammering and sickling all those who disagree is good?? Oh dear. (Frank did mention that he believes some of the protesters were paid to agitate courtesy of George Soros, which is perhaps a good thing(?)- that the propensity for some of the violence was motivated by the allmighty dollar more so than ideology??)
The podcast can be heard here.
I'm not done raking- this bad boy has barely begun shedding its leaves (the leaves that I raked were from a tree that has lost just about all of its leaves).
I don't have any pictures from our evening together except for this one- we ate dinner inside the house then came outside to have dessert and watch the OSU football game. The game wasn't very good so we ended up just chatting. We had a great time with our friends- lots of laughter and a good mixture of deep and shallow discussions :). That is par for the course when we're together and that's one reason we like to spend time with our friends.
Sunday morning church fit- I did wear boots which kind of broke up the boring line of the long sweater and straight down pants.
Also, my phone is covering my cute necklace and the shirt I wore under the sweater which also helped to break up the monotony of the sweater.
The message of our church service was really good- our pastor speaks truth and is committed to the teaching of the Bible and not the applause of man. I'm grateful for his courage and thankful for his wisdom and commitment to the gospel of Christ.
Not sure how to segue gracefully to Bengals spirit wear... but, I changed into this to watch the Bengals game.
I didn't watch much of the game, truth be told. I did a decent bit of relaxing. It was nice to have nowhere to go and not much I had to do. Last weekend, we also had people over on Saturday so that was a busy day and Sunday I couldn't relax all day due to having to take Alyssa back to Columbus. This Sunday, there was nothing that I had to do which was really nice. I made some travel plans for an upcoming trip, read, texted family/friends and talked to my brother on my phone. A true day of rest before a busy week and I enjoyed it!












Your house looks so festive! I haven't done any Christmas decorating yet, but am thinking this week I'll switch out my dishes for the Christmas set and pull out the Christmas mugs so we can start drinking our morning coffee in them.We don't usually decorate until Thanksgiving weekend. I like Frank Turek. I thought his speech at the funeral was one of the best. The world is full of hate and it's hard not to feel a sense of heavy sadness over it. I see lots of good things happening too and try to remember that when things feel dark. It is a blessing to have a pastor who speaks truth. I'm glad you had a nice weekend, fun with friends and relaxation too. Have a nice week.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Joyce! It was great to relax and have fun times on Saturday. When I only decorated one Christmas tree, I definitely started decorating later (closer to Thanksgiving). But then when I started accumulating more Christmas trees, i decided to do it earlier to enjoy it all longer. And I do like to be decorated before the weekend of Thanksgiving since our town has a Christmas festival the weekend before Thanksgiving.
DeleteI love that you get together with your couple friends regularly! What a fun weekend. I love the looks of your house all decked out for Christmas! Sunday really did sound like the perfect day of rest before a busy week ahead. Mine felt the same way, and I'm grateful for that. I anticipate this week being slightly crazy since it's our last week before a week off for Thanksgiving. I'm ready for it, though! Have a great day, my friend. We got this!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Jenn! Oh yes, the week before the break is going to be crazy. One day, four to go. I have one class with all boys and they were NOT feeling math and I don´t blame them! But they still had to do it :). I´m glad your Sunday was restful as well.
DeleteWhat a fabulous weekend! The house is looking beautiful and your bites all look delish! Jealous of your mild weather- perfect for patio nights :)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Holly! The chances of having mild weekend days for the next few months are not high- we had to take advantage!! It felt great to be outside :).
DeleteWhat a great weekend! How fun that you could share a meal and your Christmas decor with your friends. And now those M&M's make me want to make a batch of cookies!
ReplyDeleteSorry about placing the M&M bag in the foreground of the photo!! It was a really nice weekend- it sounds like yours was too. Hope your Monday is going well!
DeleteIt’s all so beautiful
ReplyDeleterkrsrue.blogspot.com
Thank you, Regine!
DeleteHello, love seeing YOU! :-)
ReplyDeleteI am going to start on decorating for Christmas this weekend.
We are having a fun dinner on Sunday afternoon. I hope to have my house ready. ;-)
We made most of our plans for December, I hear ya, it goes fast. My birthday is in December, so it really is a busy month.
Thanks, Carla! It does go fast and throw in a birthday- that makes for even more busyness but in a good way. My son´s birthday is Dec. 20th so we always had two big events in one week- crazy fun busy times!! Good luck getting your house done in time for your Sunday dinner :).
DeleteIt sounds like a lovely evening on Friday and it sounds like a busy Saturday. Eek to raking the leaves. It looks like a never ending job! You are such a wonderful host, all your get togethers look so pretty and the food always looks amazing.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, Kim! You´re so sweet. It´s a lot of work to get things even half way ¨just right¨ but´s always worth it and I need to remember that no one cares if everything looks perfect and the food comes out perfect. The point is to be together which we accomplished!
DeleteThat sounds like the perfect weather to entertain friends! Ours was very cold and windy this weekend (today too) but we still went out and met up with friends.
ReplyDeleteThat´s great that you got out with friends. I need to be better about that in the cold winter months. It´s my tendency to hibernate in bad weather :).
DeleteGreat weekend! I love the 98% done so you rounded up, I'll have to remember that. When I count my blessings, I am so thankful that we still have a gardener. Our neighbor has two enormous now bare trees, and all the leaves were in our driveway until the gardener came this morning!
ReplyDeleteHow nice to have a gardener. Yard work is a A LOT! I was lucky that the weather was so nice when I raked on Saturday. Who knows what it will be like when I need to rake again.
DeleteWhat a great way to take advantage of those final beautiful days of autumn! You really know how to bring a party together quickly! Here's to sitting back and enjoy all those pretty Christmas lights this week. Congrats on getting that last 2 percent finished:)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Jennifer! The last 2% may have been a bit more than that, lol! But it all got done and looks pretty festive if I do say so myself.
DeleteThat tree is your yard is BEAUTIFUL! I bet your house is a terrific place to gather at Christmas with all your touches :)
ReplyDeletePoor Bengals - but you did your part by looking so cute!!
Thanks, Jenni! We host on Christmas day and then usually a few days later my family comes into town and we do it again! Everyone likes the festivity of our home all decorated and I like it, too. So, while it´s a lot of work, it´s worth it!
DeleteI love a day where there isn't much to do! Though sometimes it also makes me feel lazy. I wish I could truly relax sometimes.
ReplyDelete