Share Four Somethings for the Month of March & Friday Photos
Share Four Somethings- Sharing things we’ve loved/ disliked; accomplished; things we’ve improved upon/ and/ or need improvement and noticed
Loved/ disliked- I loved getting away to Florida for a pre- spring break trip. We enjoyed good food, good views, and good quality time together. I love that Abby had a good time on her spring break trip as well.
I disliked injuring my ankle recently.
Accomplished- Quite a bit in the guest bedroom project. We are sort of at a stand still while determining what to do about art work and curtains for the room. But that is pretty much it.
I have started to do our taxes (I use Turbo Tax) and I helped Alyssa get hers filed electronically.
My seedlings are growing like wee... seedlings! I am enjoying watching them grow and caring for them. Hopefully the transition to the garden when it is time will be a successful one.
Noticed- so many harbingers of spring before spring started and now that spring is here, well, I’ve noticed that spring is here. From buds on many trees to hearing the sound of lawnmowers on grass to some beautiful days, spring has sprung!
Friday Photos- A look back at the week through photos
This week was our school district’s spring break. Alyssa and I traveled the week before spring break so we were at home this week. Alyssa wasn't scheduled to work until later in the week and then her boyfriend as well as many friends were out of town on their spring breaks so it was a quiet one around here, especially in the beginning.
We tried to get out everyday if just to run an errand or two. Neither Alyssa nor I mind being at home but I tried to find at least a couple of things to do, even if they were just things that needed to get done.
For instance, we took back one of the prom dresses that we bought. In the totality of our prom dress shopping, we bought four dress and took back three!! We also took the dress that she decided on to a tailor for some alterations.
While in West Chester, at the Dillard’s there, we stopped for lunch at Bibibop. So good and pretty healthy for restaurant fare.
At the recommendation of Donnie, Alyssa tried an iced coffee drink from a local gas station. Donnie has been experimenting with trying different gas stations’ coffee (many of them have various fancy machines and items you can add to enhance the products) to save money and in hopes of finding a coffee out that he really likes. Of course one has to be one’s own barista at the gas stations (and likely why the price per cup is less than two dollars while Starby’s is six or seven dollars!). Anyway, Donnie had recently tried out Thornton’s iced coffee and thought it was pretty good so Alyssa and I went there one day after running an errand. Of course I just got pop 😃
Our area is in the path of total eclipse that will occur on April 8th. It’s getting a lot of buzz around here. I clicked on a local news article about a product that one can buy. The MoonPie company (you know, those chocolate marshmallow things) is coming out with something called “Solar Eclipse Survival Kits.”
One can buy a box of twelve mini moon pies for $4.99 or another box that contains just four mini moon pies and two solar eclipse glasses for $9.99. You can buy just the glasses for $1.99 each. Kind of thinking the $9.99 deal is a terrible one…The moon pies cost .42 each with the first deal. If you take away the cost of the two glasses from the second deal, $3.98, then you’re spending $6.01 for four mini moon pies. Not a good deal! Not to mention, I am not certain that Moon pie brand “glasses” are the safest way to look at the sun during the eclipse! As much as I like kitsch and chocolate, the MoonPie kits are a no for me…
Red, White and Blueb! We stopped in at Sam’s Club one day for a couple of items and left with these large blueberries.
I like Sam’s Club pizza pretzel more than I should (how do you resist that mass of cheese? Answer, you don’t, lol)
I was able to see Jacob one day when he and I met for lunch. We met at West Chester (the same complex that has the Dillard’s where we shopped for prom dresses) at the Agave & Rye there. It was good to see him and eat a taco called the Spicy Rangoon- it was so good!!
We walked around Liberty Center as well after lunch and shopped.
On Thursday, Abby came home from her spring break trip to Missouri. She traveled with her boyfriend and his dad to visit a beloved family member out there. Abby had a really nice time- they visited some beautiful parks. They also made a stop in St. Louis on their way back. When Abby was a fitness influencer, she was sponsored by a company that sponsored a lot of influencers. Abby made numerous online friends including a few whom she’s kept in touch with since she ended her partnership with the company. One of her friends started his own coffee shop in St. Louis and encouraged Abby to come and see him and his shop if she was ever in St. Louis. Since Abby found herself near St. Louis, she stopped by the shop. She loved meeting Mark in person and trying some of his brew from the shop (Mark sends her coffee beans but it is, of course, not the same as a cuppa brewed from a coffee shop (as Donnie and Alyssa are discovering through trying various gas stations’ coffees!)).
When your hubris and your disdain of Christianity are high but your knowledge of biology... not so much. Oh dear! A New Jersey city council woman shared this meme
On that note, this weekend, may your ankle be free from injury, your religion free from mockery, your Easter basket filled with chocolate and your heart over flowing with gratitude for all of life’s blessings. Happy Easter!
1 Peter 1:3- Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.
1 Thessalonians 4:14- For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep.



















That post is not mocking Christianity - it's mocking hypocrites who oppose women's rights while blatantly ignoring the teachings of Jesus
ReplyDeleteWe will have to agree to disagree on that one...
DeleteYour food in Florida looks amazing. We're working on our guest room, too, now that it's not going to be Sophia's bedroom! Happy Easter.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Pamela! It was really good... Looking forward to seeing pictures of the room (if you decide to share them of course!).
DeleteLove the time spent with family, Happy Easter x
ReplyDeleteThank you, Melissa! I hope your Easter was a good one (it was likely better than mine as I had surgery on Easter Sunday :()
DeleteI'm so, so sorry that you injured your ankle and that it resulted in the way it did. The injury and surgery sounds very painful! Are you home yet? I have so many questions, I should just text you and will do that later today. I pray that you heal and recovery quickly and easily, my friend. I love that you got to see Jacob recently! Isn't it always so good to see them after a while has gone by? I never see my Drew enough, but I'll see him twice this week! I hope you're getting lots of rest today and in the days to follow! Much love.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Jennifer! I am home, thank goodness, just practically immobile and will be for a long time. It´s a lot to process and painful in more than one way! I appreciate your prayers... I plan to write a post about it soon. I hope your Easter was good. I am off to read other people´s blogs so I will find out about yours soon!
DeleteAmen- wishing you a speedy recovery Maria- so glad you have spent such QT with your little loves- so good for the soul XO
ReplyDeleteThank you, Holly! I look forward to catching up with your posts- I hope you had a great holiday weekend!
DeleteSo sorry to hear about your ankle.. wishing you a speedy recovery.
ReplyDeleteAll that food has my mouth watering.
Thanks, Hena! The injury is a pain and yes, hopefully a speedy recovery.
DeleteWhat a good look at your month! Sorry about your ankle but I am a teeny bit jealous that your were able to get away. To sun and fun!! Please tell me again the name of that restaurant in West Chester?!!:)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Jennifer! The restaurant is called Agave & Rye. It´s different but I think in a good way. Well, no more getaways for me for a while so I am extra grateful for the trip to Florida. I had to have surgery and won´t be going anywhere soon :(. Hope you Easter was lovely.
DeleteHa...I was referring (somewhat jokingly) of the restaurant Bibibob...which just makes me laugh, for some reason!! Agave & Rye sounds much more like a restaurant I would want to try:) And I'm so sorry that you had to have surgery. On your ankle?? That stinks. I will be praying that you recover completely and quickly....and that everyone steps in to spoil you a bit in the process:)
ReplyDeleteI think you would like Bibibop! It´s one where you choose all of your toppings and meat (or no meat!) and a base of noodles or purple rice and you end up with an Asian bowl. Surgery was on my Achilles´ tendon (so ankle-ish?). Thanks for the prayers! They are appreciated. Everyone is treating me very well (so far, lol, no, I am certain it will continue).
DeleteThat first sandwich and onion rings looks delicious! Hope your ankle is getting better.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Cathy! The surgery went well but the recovery is not fun!
Delete