New Years Eve

We had no grandiose New Year's Eve plans. Here's how our evening went:

Jacob was still in Florida with AJ and his family. Specifically on New Year's Eve, Jacob was at Magic Kingdom in Disney. Jacob and AJ's family had reservations to eat dinner at Cinderella's castle (every 16 year old boy's dream dinner destination for NYE 😊 ). Included in Jacob's $75 meal (still trying to wrap  my mind around that figure) was a picture package. I don't have the photos yet- AJ's dad is going to send me the photos when he's done downloading them- but I can't wait to see pictures of Jacob on NYE with the princesses!!! Actually, Jacob said he only had his picture taken with Cindy.

Abby was invited over to a friend's house on NYE. As soon as she finalized her plans with her friend, I took action to get Alyssa together with one of her friends. I knew that if Abby hadn't gone anywhere, the girls (Abby and Alyssa) would have had a grand time together (they played together virtually non stop the entire break). But, with Abby having plans for NYE, I wanted Alyssa to have plans of her own. She and her best friend from school, Kate, had been trying to get together over the break but it hadn't been successful. I told Alyssa that she could invite Kate over on NYE. Fortunately, Kate was available to come over (and it worked out great for Kate's family). The girls were so excited to get to spend time together and I was happy that Alyssa had a friend to be with on NYE.

Before the girls got together with their friends, the four of us went to an early dinner at Cheesecake Factory in Liberty Township. We arrived at 4:00 pm and still had a half hour wait. The food was good- heavy laden in calories, fat, and sodium per usual and we enjoyed it as only such foods can be enjoyed. After we arrived home, one girl departed (Abby) and one girl arrived (Kate).

Alyssa and Kate had a fun time together. We could hear them giggling and playing most of the evening in the basement. I was so thankful that Kate could come over and spend the evening/ night with us. Donnie and I watched TV most of the evening. We watched OSU get slaughtered. vs. Clemson on and off. I tried to muster up some sympathy for OSU but was unsuccessful in that endeavor.

And then 2016 ended and we welcomed 2017.

Here are some pictures from our evening:

****Sorry that this post appeared without pictures for a while. I remember uploading photos and writing captions for them. As one loyal reader suggested, perhaps it was the Russians hacking my blog!!!****

My meal at Cheesecake Factory on NYE: a burger topped with a fried macaroni cheese ball... and then smothered in more cheese...


...with a side a fries, of course


Alyssa and Kate are ready to use most obnoxious noise makers ever ring in the new year


Testing out their toasting beverage (RC Cola)












The last picture of 2016... The girls were watching the ball drop on TV and counting down



2017!!!





 




Comments

Popular Posts