Spring sports/ Activities

Spring is officially upon us.  No matter if the weather cooperates or not (there is snow in the forecast for tomorrow), spring is here and that means that we are busier than ever.  Here is what is going on:

Jacob:  Jacob is playing lacrosse and in an unexpected twist, decided to play soccer again for Boro United. He will alternate which practices he misses since on some days, he has practices for both lacrosse and soccer.  He has lacrosse games many Tuesdays and some Thursdays which he will obviously attend and miss soccer practice if he has it on a day that he has a lacrosse game.  He will have some Friday soccer games (which shouldn't impact lacrosse since he doesn't typically have lacrosse practice on Fridays) and probably some weekend games.  We don't have his complete soccer schedule yet but we know that he has a game this Friday.  I am glad that he decided to play soccer again.  He's a good player with a heart that wants to win.  He had such good soccer training when he was younger and I'm glad he will be continuing to utilize it. He prefers lacrosse to soccer.  But who knows?  Maybe after this season, he'll prefer soccer.

Abby:  Abby's dance competition season is already half way over!  This year, her final competition will be the first week in April.  That's an early date to be completely done with competitions. Typically, we have competitions well into April and sometimes into May.  Selfishly, I'm a little bit glad.  Since Jacob's and Alyssa's spring sports events are just getting started, I'll miss fewer of those events because of dance competitions.  Abby will not be pleased to be done with dance competitions in early April.  She will miss performing from early April until the recital in late May.  Maybe I can find something for her locally to compete in.... We go to Louisville this weekend for a competition and then the following weekend, we go to Columbus.  We've never done back to back competitions before either.  This year is all about firsts!

Alyssa:  Outdoor soccer training has started.  She went from outdoor fall soccer, to two sessions of indoor soccer games at Wall 2 Wall in Mason in the fall/winter, to winter training one day a week beginning in January, to two days a week outdoor training.  Throw a soccer tournament over the weekend in there (more on that later) and you have pretty much non stop soccer training/ and or games.  Good thing she loves to play...She just completed one tournament (CHAMPIONS!) and will have three more before the spring season ends. One tournament will be out of town, near Cleveland.

I enjoy watching the kids play and am grateful for the opportunities they have to improve in practices/ training, but I also love downtime for them and if we get some rainy weather this spring that cancels a practice or two, I'll be just fine with that!

We had ice cream at Graeter's yesterday.  Yum!  We hadn't had it in a long time!


Abby loved looking at the display of Easter related novelty candy that you could buy.  I'm a sucker for that sort of candy myself.  I saw a solid milk chocolate bunny that I want for myself.  It's only $15.95.  I'll bet that bunny is good!



Alyssa and Jacob


Abby really wanted this purple sock bunny with about five jelly beans attached to it. Donnie is cracking up and that's why his head is down.


Comments

Popular Posts