Cancun Part I

We arrived home from Cancun, Mexico late last week.  We stayed for five nights at a really nice all inclusive resort in Cancun.  The resort itself was beautiful as were the surroundings- the ocean on one side near the pools and a lagoon on the other side.  We all ate too much, one of us drank too much (he may disagree with me as the drinks were watered down :-)), one of us got so much sun that he came down with sun poisoning, and all of us wished very much that the last two days we were there would have been sunnier!  We really only had good weather half of the time we were there.  We loved being in the pools and pool area and the kids, especially Jacob and Abby, loved going into the ocean.  The red flags were out on the beach so everyone was pretty cautious and didn't venture too far into the ocean.  Jacob loved the waves and could have stayed at the water's edge for a long time.   When the weather wasn't so hot (literally and figuratively), we ventured outside the resort for some shopping and we spent a morning going to an ancient Mayan ruin site.  Best of all, we had a good time together.  Even when we were just hanging out in our hotel room, the kids were in good moods and had fun just chatting and laughing while playing with their phones and ipad.  It was great to get away and enjoy the beautiful ocean and some sun.


Alyssa and her nachos!  The pool side snack area was much bigger than I had pictured in my mind and had a ton of food options: cheeseburgers, fries, onion rings, spicy chicken and pork, nachos, cheese, a cooler section with cold cuts on croissants and fruit.  Pretty much all Alyssa ate by the pool were plain nachos!







Pictured is Alyssa (I think) and an unknown person behind her.  No, the beer by the edge of the pool is not hers!  One of the reasons I took (and kept) this picture was because you can see how close the ocean was to the pool.  We only had to take a few steps down from the pool area and you were on the beach. 




Abby and Alyssa jumped from in pool chair to in pool chair!  The swim up bar is in the background. 


The kids' club area had a pool with slides and fun water features for kids.  Abby and Alyssa spent some time here. 


Donnie is much more of a pool person than an ocean person but he loved the soccer goals on the beach and he and Alyssa and Jacob kicked the pool in the sand.




Jacob liked playing volleyball in the pool area with a net. 


Donnie and I at El Rey, a Mayan ruin site.  We went here on our last day since it was overcast.



There is an iguana in the background, in the rocks pictured near Jacob's shoulder.  Supposedly, there are hundreds of iguanas here and if you throw pieces of bread at the holes in the rocks, they will come out in droves.  We brought bread with us and were disappointed that we saw so few.  Someone there said that the day probably was not sunny and warm enough for them to come out.  I felt the igaunas' pain; I wanted it to be sunnier and warmer, too, on our last day in Cancun!


Runnin' in the ruins



Jacob and Abby climb.


This was our view, as soon as we exited our room (or actually if we just opened our door).  It was so pretty! At night, we could hear the palm trees swaying in the breeze and I thought I detected the ocean's melody as well (not sure about that since were on the 5th floor but I definitely heard these palm trees!).





Comments

Popular Posts