Sweets for my sweeties
Nothing says I Love You like an unhealthy dose of sugar and fat! Because I love my kids so much and they love sweets so much, I decided to combine my lovies' love.
When the new Kroger opened last month, it had its Valentine's Day decor and candy out for sale. They had some adorable candy bouquets for sale. Inside a vase were small candies and on top the vase, where flowers would normally go, were candy bars. I loved this clever and sweet take on a traditional bouquet. Fresh off of much Pinterest browsing and a successful hair creation for Abby (the Lady Gaga bow), I was feeling craftily invincible. This much I knew: I would not buy the candy bouquet; I would make one. The kids would divide the candy bounty. I successfully created my bouquet with a large bag of assorted Hershey's miniature chocolates on the inside of the vase and six Hershey's candy bars on top. The kids (and I!) loved their candy bouquet.
My (the kids') candy bouquet
The evening before Valentine's Day, the kids and I made sugar cookies. This flour mess is why I only make sugar cookies once a year! My carbon footprint is larger after making sugar cookies because I use about a whole roll of paper towels to get the table clean...
All that mess (and increased carbon footprint) is well worth it when all of the kiddos sit around the kitchen table and decorate the sugar cookies.
When the new Kroger opened last month, it had its Valentine's Day decor and candy out for sale. They had some adorable candy bouquets for sale. Inside a vase were small candies and on top the vase, where flowers would normally go, were candy bars. I loved this clever and sweet take on a traditional bouquet. Fresh off of much Pinterest browsing and a successful hair creation for Abby (the Lady Gaga bow), I was feeling craftily invincible. This much I knew: I would not buy the candy bouquet; I would make one. The kids would divide the candy bounty. I successfully created my bouquet with a large bag of assorted Hershey's miniature chocolates on the inside of the vase and six Hershey's candy bars on top. The kids (and I!) loved their candy bouquet.
My (the kids') candy bouquet
All that mess (and increased carbon footprint) is well worth it when all of the kiddos sit around the kitchen table and decorate the sugar cookies.
Hope you had lots of sweets with your sweeties on Valentine's Day!

Comments
Post a Comment