CoDance
Abby and her dance competition team went to a dance competition/ convention in Toledo called Company Dance, or CoDance for short. The dancers not just compete their routines, but also attend classes by "world renowned" dance instructors and choreographers. Kristen and I drove up together on Friday. We picked the girls up from school at 11:00 AM on Friday. Abby was so excited to miss some school! The girls performed their solos on Friday, attended classes most of the day on Saturday, then performed their group routines Saturday evening and attended more classes on Sunday morning and early afternoon. It was tiring, even for me, who was only observing. The girls had fun, which was the most important thing. I thought for sure that Abby would start complaining about the long day on Saturday, but she never did. The girls did pretty good; their lyrical routine won the category for their age group. The competition was tough. One dance studio owner said their dancers come in for six hours every Saturday! It's hard to compete with groups that put that much time into dance. Our girls just don't put that amount of time into it. Kristen and I left earlier than we were technically supposed to on Sunday. It was good to get home to get some things done after being gone for two days.
Here are Abby and Giovanna n our hotel room. I just surprised Abby with an American Girl outfit that matches her solo outfit. One of the dance moms made Abby's costume and I asked her if she could make an AG outfit for Abby's AG doll. She did so and I surprised Abby with it on Friday. In this picture, she just realized what it was.
Julie and Abby
Abby and Giovanna Saturday morning in our hotel room before heading down for classes
Snack time! Abby loves getting to eat chips and candy that I pack as snacks during competitions.
The girls rehearse their Shake Your Tail Feather routine before performing it.
Abby and Farrah. Farrah teaches technique at the studio.
Isabel, Abby and Giovanna in their lyrical costumes
The girls from Center Stage pose on stage.
Here are Abby and Giovanna n our hotel room. I just surprised Abby with an American Girl outfit that matches her solo outfit. One of the dance moms made Abby's costume and I asked her if she could make an AG outfit for Abby's AG doll. She did so and I surprised Abby with it on Friday. In this picture, she just realized what it was.
Julie and Abby
Abby and Giovanna Saturday morning in our hotel room before heading down for classes
Snack time! Abby loves getting to eat chips and candy that I pack as snacks during competitions.
The girls rehearse their Shake Your Tail Feather routine before performing it.
Abby and Farrah. Farrah teaches technique at the studio.
Isabel, Abby and Giovanna in their lyrical costumes
The girls from Center Stage pose on stage.

Comments
Post a Comment