Happy Fall!

Ok, so fall officially began last week. This week feels like fall, unlike last week when summer did not coolly surrender to autumn. I decided to welcome this most welcome season into our house by making caramel apples with the kids. Upon opening the bag of caramels, I realized that Kraft foods did not make good on its statement that inside the bag were five popsicle sticks. Inside the bag that I bought were nothing but caramels. Undeterred, I did what anybody would do who had her heart set on eating a caramel apple, despite no popsicles sticks- I asked Jacob to go outside and find me some small sticks. He was not willing to help me out (BIG surprise) so the girls and I went outside and found five little sticks (that I washed thoroughly) to use. The result of our efforts are seen below. Trust me, they tasted better than they looked!

Unwrapping the caramels yields sweet rewards for the girls.




Abby added to chopped nuts to the warm caramel and chocolate.



Don't judge a caramel apple by its appearance...




Alyssa did not eat a caramel apple. She ate caramel and chocolate. She did not consume any apple.




She did, however, get messy (we all did, though!)





Comments

Popular Posts