1st Day of Preschool

When did this happen? When did my baby become old enough to be in preschool? I was pregnant with Alyssa when Jacob was in preschool. It does not seen possible that she is now the one in preschool. For so long, she was so little and I couldn't imagine my baby growing up. Not that she acts particularly young- she knows almost all the words to many Hannah Montana songs thanks to big sis. Her vocabulary includes many off taste renditions of words describing body parts and functions thanks to big bro. I hope she keeps the latter "enhanced vocabulary" to herself in preschool. She will go two afternoons a week to Bright Beginnings Christan preschool. I love the preschool for being at a church, for having an awesome director and teachers who really like kids, and for teaching kids not only knowledge but Biblical truths as well. She came home from preschool wearing a bracelet that says "Jesus loves me." I love it!!


This is what happens when you blink. You go from this...






to this...






From this...
to this...
It helps when your best bud will be in the same class as you! James and Alyssa pose with their backpacks.
Mommy and Lyss
This picture reminds me of the JCM song, "Everyone Needs a Hand to Hold on to." Certainly when you're three and you know your mommy is going to leave you for awhile , it helps to know your buddy is a hand hold away from you.
Her smile seems a little more subdued when preschool is about to begin than it did earlier in the day. This picture makes me cry a little bit!
The two lil' goofballs find their name tags.
I had nothing to worry about! There were no tears on the kids' end- they were excited to begin play time. We all had a good first day of preschool!!!

Comments

Popular Posts