Weekending

Linking up with Holly and Sarah for Hello Monday:





Friday, our school district didn´t have school due to parent teacher conferences so I had the day to myself. I decided to do a little shopping. Not my favorite activity but neither is not feeling like I have enough clothes :(. I will be doing a multi week sub job soon and while I technically have enough clothes, I don´t care for my fall clothes for school. I have plenty of sweaters but many of them are cashmere or very heavy or holiday themed. I looked online at some of my favorite places but didn´t see much that I liked. I headed to my new favorite consignment shop in Franklin. I posed with my outfit before heading out.




Seven fingers visible for being ranked 7th in the nation. I was worried we´d lose on Saturday (no one has ever accused me of being an optimist...) so I wanted to pose with seven fingers while we were still ranked 7th. 


Did I miss my calling to be an influencer?? You know what sounds the most fun about that (I guess besides making money?)? It´s fun with hashtags that I could have on IG. Do they even do hastags on the TikTok? Here are my hashtags:
#Hoosiervibes#midlifefootballfan#bigtenfootball#willwatchfootballforsnacks#crimsonandcreamandcuteoutfitsinbetween



In Franklin- I got stuck at a light in front of the library so I took a picture. Our library system includes the libraries in Springboro and Franklin. Our library board president is married to the city manager of Franklin. Our president frequently mentions businesses in Franklin which is actually how I heard of my destination in Franklin. 




Vinnie & Velvet- they sell some new clothes and gift items and they consign clothes






The store also has a bakery and a place to buy dirty sodas.
The trifecta- good deals to be had on gently used clothes, sweet treats, and fancy pop. YES, please! And bonus that the place is cute as a button. 













I got the stick season- so good!



I got all of these tops for $32. The Bronco Girl sweatshirt is for Abby and the Ohio State sweatshirt is for Alyssa. The other three tops are mine. They range from sizes XS to large, lol. The cream sweater is XL- it´s definitely too big for me but I think (hope?) that the large cable knit will make it look ok being oversized? 




I picked up pizza for dinner and we had a quiet evening at home. The guys had plans so I read my (very good) book and had some popcorn. 



I got up early and ran on Saturday.  I got some things done around the house and then watched college football. It was a great football game Saturday for us. University of Cincinnati beat a ranked team, Ohio State won, University of Tennessee won and most importantly, Indiana University won! My brother came to our house to watch the game. It was a nail biter and IU was not projected to win. The game was at Oregon. 

So much green and yellow


IU´s colors are better :)



We started to watch the game inside but finished it outside.

IU´s coach looks like the 8th grade science teacher at your school whom you hope you don´t get!



After the game, Donnie grilled burgers. We´ve been grilling steak much more than burgers lately. My brother said that burgers sounded really good so Donnie grilled some. Great choice!
 


Sunday morning, I woke up early and ran. We went to church and then was home for a short while before I left to visit a family member who was in the hospital. Came home and relaxed the rest of the day. Not a good NFL game for us as the Cowboys and the Bengals lost.

Donnie grilled steak for dinner that we ate while watching the Bengals lose :(.






Comments

  1. That consignment store was made for you! Maybe you are missing the in between stuff to wear now like blouses and things like that? I have a suggestion - add a cardigan to some of your summer sleeveless stuff that doesn't look too summery.
    You had a full weekend and I love IU colors bc that was what my high school had, too. And, I am a born and bred Hoosier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy! I actually thought of that- wearing a cardigan in order to be able to wear summery shirts under the cardigan. The gray sweater that I bought at the consignment shop is a cardigan and I bought it for that reason :).

      Delete
  2. I'm not great at Consignment shopping. I get impatient looking through the racks. You had some great finds, and I love a cute shop. Those dirty sodas are interesting. I'm not much of a soda drinker but there's a couple that sound good to me. Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joyce! I feel the same way about being impatient looking through the racks. This consignment shop isn´t big so it´s not too intimidating and doesn´t take long to look through items. Most of the clothes are decently trendy and/or classic so it´s not too hard to find items that I like.

      Delete
  3. The Bengals, Cowboys AND Lions lost :(. What a bummer day - but a GREAT day of college football, right?? Well, we should have kept our 17-pt lead but a W is a W. . .and Indiana - wow!!! Everyone on Game Day projected Oregon - good for all of you!!!
    Consignment shopping is about the *only* shopping I like to do - we have a couple good stores here too. I've not seen one with food and drink to purchase too - not too bad!
    Love your hashtags - you are really creative!! I would follow you. . .Amy has mentioned (teased?) before about doing an inspiration link-up or something - I wish she would - would give me a reason to care/plan what I was wearing during the week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenni! That´s cool that you have consignment shops near you where you like to shop. I used to dislike consignment shopping but I´ve done a complete 180 on it and now like it. I didn´t follow the TN game- I didn´t know they were up by that much and almost lost?

      Delete
  4. I'd like to check out a consignment store!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dara- I hope you have some consignment shops near you :).

      Delete
  5. Maria, you are darling posing in your outfits! You are a queen at finding great deals at consignment shops! That shop does look so cute. Enjoy your Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marilyn! The shop is really cute and I did find deals but it was mostly due to when I was there- they were having extra sales because it was Friday.

      Delete
  6. How great to do a bit of shopping and what a bonus to get some sweet treats and pop! Those drinks are amazing but they wouldn't be allowed here, our government is going crazy about banning sugar at the moment. They've stopped refillable sugary pop and hot chocolate in restaurants. I'd go for the Smashing Pumpkins! Yum!
    Those sweaters look fab!
    It sounds like a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What?? That is nuts! I mean, yes, sugar is super unhealthy but FREEDOM, lol! It is so fun to shop, find great deals, and get yummy drinks :).

      Delete
  7. Donnie's steaks sound legendary :) Love your finds- I always think you are so fashionable and love that Ohio spirit too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great deal on the sweaters and that does look like a very cute store!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds like you made out great consignment shopping! That store sounds adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joanne! I feel like I got some great deals and yes, the store is adorable!

      Delete
  10. A fun weekend!! :-)
    We had great weather this weekend. I am starting to button up the garden for winter. My husband started some other winter projects, draining hoses, placing protecting around trees and shrubs.
    Sunday we had a fun explore with our kids. I will post about it later in the week.
    Love, Carla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carla- looking forward to hearing about your adventure!

      Delete
  11. Your weekend looks great. Enjoy 😊
    rkrsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. The consignment store looks like a great mix of clothes, food, and drink! How fun. I remember the deals you got in Louisville, so you must have a knack for finding the good stuff. Hope your week is off to a good start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tanya! That 90% off rack in Louisville is going to be hard to beat deal wise!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts