Monthly Musings
1. Decorating the outside of the house with lights, painting pumpkins, and then of course trick or treating. I did a tradition of taking the kids' picture on the stairway every year before we went out. I like that I had a consistent spot in the house for pictures.
The first year that all three posed on the stairs. The year before, Alyssa had been a baby.
The last year that they posed on the stairs together
2. When the kids were younger, I would arrange some food to make it festive looking but rarely did I make specific Halloween food.
3. Typically, Donnie and I both dress up on Halloween and hand out candy. If the weather is nice, we'll usually sit outside with one of the neighbors in someone's driveway to pass out candy and socialize.
4. We've done both. When the kids were younger, we painted pumpkins.
5. I really like the Reese's Take 5 bars. So good!
6. I have not purchased candy yet so I don't know!
7. To receive, full size, lol. Are you talking about giving? Fun size for sure. When you have as many trick or treaters as we generally do, it's fun size all the way.
8. The Tootsie Roll is iconic for me, lol
9. I don't have favorite Halloween movies
10. Trick or treat hours are always 6:00 to 8:00 pm on October 31.










Love all of the pics and thank you for not letting me down- I was waiting for the debut of the Tootsie Roll photos this year! One of the greatest costumes of all time :)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Holly- I'm not actually dressing up as a Tootsie Roll this year :(. Donnie had I have Star Wars costumes since we went to the Star Wars themed party last weekend and I think we plan to wear them again for trick or treating and a party this weekend.
DeleteSo fun seeing all these old photos! Your food display looks very festive.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Joanne! Regarding the food, some years I tried harder to be festive than others. The pics I showed were from a festive year :).
DeleteLook at your babies! How sweet. We take a Christmas morning photo on the stairs every year and now my girls are carrying that on with their own which is fun to see. I'm looking forward to seeing all my grands dressed up this year. They're excited and Halloween is a whole thing now plus my oldest has two birthdays that week so lots of celebrating, fun, and so many sweet treats! Happy Halloween!
ReplyDeleteSo much fun upcoming for your family! Your grands are at great ages (the older ones anyway) for festive Halloween fun and then throw in birthdays- the mamas are gonna be tired but I'll bet there's going to be great fun :).
DeleteSet hours for trick or treating would be good!
ReplyDeleteYou guys don't have set hours? I've not heard of that. All of the towns around here have set hours. The hours are usually the same in various towns but may deviate by a half hour or so.
DeleteI love all the retro photos! I did something similar with the food - set up a festive buffet, but it was usually regular food. I have never heard of set hours for trick or treating...interesting!
ReplyDeleteNo, set hours for trick or treating? I'm so used to set hours- it seems strange to me that all the towns and communities don't have them. You know exactly when kids are going to show up and your kids know when to trick or treat. It's actually fun because at 5:50, the adults are outside with the kids getting pictures with the neighborhood kids and then parents tell them when it's 6:00 and that they can start trick or treating (this is for the older kids- parents obviously control the timing with the younger kids).
DeleteI forgot about Take 5s; totally underrated candy. I also enjoy a Heath Bar but you never get those. Every year I pore over the kids' hauls and see what the typical candy is. Sometimes it's all chocolate and sometimes, more hard or gummy candies.
ReplyDeleteYes, overrated for sure! For the candy that I hand out, I like to let kids pick and try to have a variety of chocolate vs. not for the kids who have dairy allergies. It was always interesting to see what candy my kids came home with...
DeleteI meant underrated, lol!
DeleteI love your Tootsie Roll costume!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Pamela!
DeleteI just knew you were going to have adorable pictures today. And I was right! So many fun memories...and costumes!!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Jennifer! Glad to have proved you right :)
DeleteThe pictures are so cute!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Heather!
DeleteThese were so much fun to read! I love, love, love all the old pictures. Time flies, right??
ReplyDeleteThanks, Jenn! It does. I was really thinking of that with the Halloween pictures.
DeleteI love, love the photos... memory lane for me too, we did a lot of the same as you did as a family.
ReplyDeleteI used to love trick or treating with my girls, now I am left to hand out the candy and I love that just as much seeing all the little one's dressed up.
ReplyDeleteAww! The kids on the stairs are just adorable and I love your Tootsie Roll costume!
That Tootsie Roll costume is amazing! Your Halloween food/table is super festive. Thanks for joining us.
ReplyDelete