Everyday Images
Linking up with Kym for her Everyday Images photo link up and Joanne for Talking about it Tuesday
The photo prompts were at home, station, selfie, beginning and/or end, pebbles, scenery
Station
A food station area of Buc-ee's
Selfie-
Outside the aforementioned Buc-ee's. I'm not a big selfie taker but glad I had this one in the camera roll.
Beginning and/or end
The end of this faucet. Awww. Not only did I like this faucet and did not want to get rid of it, I had to pay for a new one. I knew we wouldn't find one just like it. This faucet is quite a few years old. It's not original to the house. Speaking of the house, I remember the date exactly of when we moved into the house. It was exactly twenty years ago the day of the leak that we moved into our home! A "fun" little 20 year home-aversary gift from our home. For the love. Anyway, we had to get a new faucet because the plumber could not get a piece off of it that he needed to in order to attach something to it to give us water from the faucet. (Lots of prepositions in that awkward sentence and it was probably confusing but basically we had to get a new faucet). I also only had less than a day to get the new faucet since the plumber could come back the next morning and we really wanted running water... Not getting perhaps our first choice was less important than waiting to have water.
So here she is... the beginning of this faucet's life in our kitchen!!
Pebbles-
These might be too big to be considered pebbles but I'm going with it! Our landscaper put these in a portion of the privacy fence that borders one side of our uncovered patio.
Scenery-
I don't care if the mountain range is a small one; I'm going to be impressed and I'm going to take pictures (well, Abby took this pic as I was driving). We just don't get to see views like this where I live. I believe this is the Jellico Mountain range near the border of Kentucky and Tennessee.











Sometimes every day life is the most beautiful of all- great choice on the new faucet btw- love!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Holly! I take so many pictures of everyday things so this link up with unique prompts is a natural one for me. Thanks about the faucet. Alyssa quipped that it looks like part of it is missing, lol.
DeleteWe've had water in our basement too, very frustrating.
ReplyDeleteUgh! I'm sorry you've had to deal with it as well. It's only(?) our second time in twenty years so maybe we're ahead of the curve. It seems like home ownership that includes indoor plumbing and water damage at some point are inevitable. It's super frustrating.
DeleteDarn it! I wanted Donnie to have that tattoo. It could be great for a lawyer!
ReplyDeleteI needed the giggle that escaped my mouth when I read your comment :).
DeleteWell done that guy who came to look at the water damage. I hope it isn't too expensive to fix.
ReplyDeleteI love the selfie of you and Abby. What fun!
That is a shame you had to get a new faucet. At least you have water now even if the new one wasn't your first choice.
Thanks, Kim! I suppose expensive is all relative? It could have been worse, that's for sure (both the damage and the cost to repair). Yes, it was a bummer to have to get a new faucet but you're right, we do have a new one now and I don't dislike it so there's that!
DeleteSuch a pretty new faucet! I'm so sorry to see all that water damage though.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Joanne! Water damage is so annoying but it could have been much worse since we caught it fairly early.
DeleteThe photo prompts are fun and I love what you did with them. I’d love to join in next time. How is the new faucet working? It looks nice! Yes!! Give me all the mountains…big or small! The mountains are definitely my happy place. We’ve been to the rockies a lot lately and need to make our way back to the smokies!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Crystal! I think the prompts are fun, too. I enjoying looking through my camera roll to find a picture or two that may work. The new faucet is great! I hope I keep liking it :). I can't wait to see the Smoky Mountains when we (hopefully!) go there in the fall.
DeleteWe need a new kitchen faucet, but I keep procrastinating. Your post inspires me to get moving on finding a replacement. I'm at Talking About it Tues. 82. Please check out my shares (#64 thru 66). Happy Aug.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Nancy! Will do so, thanks for the comment! I looked at Home Depot and Lowe's. Home Depot had a much bigger selection and that's where I bought our new one at.
DeleteI love the tattoo pic...did he know you were taking it of his arm or did he think you were just photographing the damage? Water issues are some of the worst. Such a pretty drive from KY in to TN. You did great with the challenge. I'm going to try to link up if I can get myself in gear. Have a nice week!
ReplyDeleteI was just photographing the damage!! I guess I should have waited until his arm was down. For some reason I took it as he was pointing the damage out to us. Water issues are bad; this one was minor but still annoying. You did great with the link up last time- it was so nicely coordinated with your Monday post.
DeleteWhat a bummer about the water damage - hope it has been/will be repaired without a lot of trouble! We've had water damage to deal with several times for different reasons and it's never fun. Love the "station" at Buc-ees! We can hardly wait to get down to Buc-ees and check it out! LOL Great job with all the prompts - enjoyed your take on them. Thanks so much for linking up!
DeleteWater damage is a pain! They're supposed to be opening a Buc-ees north of Dayton in Huber Heights. It was supposed to have opened already a long time ago but the opening keeps getting delayed. That one, when opened, will be the closest one to you and to me :).
DeleteI don't know but I love foggy days. Sorry to hear about the water damage. I wouldn't know what to do but I'm glad my husband is a handyman.
ReplyDelete