Red, White & Blue (and orange and yellow and purple, too)
Thought I'd show some of our 4th of July decor. But I don't have a whole lot of decor so there wasn't going to be a lot to show. Then when spending time outdoors watering, I realized that the outside was awash in color. June is the most colorful month in our landscaping. Some of the flowers stop blooming after June (or thereabouts) but during June, everything is in bloom. Too pretty not to appreciate and document!
Red, White & Blue
This table runner is comprised of two pieces. Each piece is super short- not sure what table for which it could be a runner. I have the ends of both pieces under the tray so it's not obvious that they are two pieces. I bought them at Kohl's last year and like how festive (albeit pint sized) the runners are. Last year at this time, we had a black kitchen table. I really like how the colors pop against the white of this table.
There's a lot going on here but that's ok by me 😉
I found these salt & pepper shakers at a flea market earlier this year for $5- they were too cute to pass up and bonus they're small (really trying to not buy a lot of space consuming things)
Awww, you tell them Ronnie! Covid lockdowns and the attempt to force people to abdicate my body my choice with regard to the "vaccine" revealed how fragile our freedom is.
We had this record in my house when I was little. I love it- it is a recording of the Liberty Bell tolling.
Abby's robe is red so it's fair game for the patriotic tableau
This poor tree- it's at the mercy of my decorating whims!!
My aunt got this commemorative plate when she and her choir performed at one of the inauguration ceremonies for George W. Bush
Outside...
I bought this from a new friend who's an artist... I wanted to support her business and I love the painting.
I don't always achieve "only buy small things" unfortunately
Orange and yellow and purple, too
Gotta love a daylily...
Invasive, but make them (fairly) pretty- this spiderwort is everywhere! It's easy to spot new growth and pull the small plants before they grow anymore.
Sunshine in a flower!🌞
The alyssums spread like crazy, too. I keep finding them in new spots!
That's not all of the flowers but most of them. The grass is still so green- not sure how much longer that will last without rain. For now though, everything looks really good; when I am outside, I really try to appreciate the beauty.
Linking up with Joanne for Talking about it Tuesday.






Oh your patriotic decor is everything- anything patriotic is my fave- we have touches throughout like you but it get me so excited seeing what friends do!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Holly! You inspired me to decorate patriotically for Memorial Day and then keep it up through the 4th- it's nice to have it up for quite a while :).
DeleteI love your decor and your flowers! I need to do my 4th of July decor. It's very minimal but I do love it.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Amy! I hope you get yours up and enjoy the decor :).
DeleteI haven't put out a lot of patriotic decor this year, but I love it. You have some cute things and are inspiring me to redo my kitchen island decor. We did hang our flag bunting off the upper decks just before Memorial Day. It works for Flag Day and the 4th too, and just feels like summer. Your flowers are lovely. We have alyssum in a rock wall and it's done a great job of spreading.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Joyce! I love the the alyssum- such dainty little flowers. That's neat that you have some, too. Thanks about the decor- I've had mine up since before Memorial Day and have really enjoyed it.
DeleteI love all your patriotic decorations! When we lived in Wisconsin on the lake it seems like everyone decorated for the 4th along with a boat parade and other festivities. Now that we live out in the country we do not see quite as much.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Jim! I didn't realize you lived on a lake- how cool. I'll bet it was beautiful up there, especially with lots of patriotic decor :).
DeleteI think you have quite a lot of fabulous red, white & blue decorations. I don't think I have any! Not even a single flag! That sort of makes me feel like a bad citizen but other than Christmas I rarely decorate for anything. Your house does look so festive though and those salt and pepper shakers are just darling. I noticed yesterday that all my lilies are finally blooming too. This is definitely the most colorful time in my garden too.
ReplyDeleteThat's cool that your lilies are blooming, too! I only started collecting 4th of July decor a few years ago and don't have much. But I do like the small touches that I have...
DeleteSo festive. I love the flowers too.
ReplyDeleteThank you!
DeleteIt all looks great - and I just realized I seem to have forgotten to change my decor from spring to summer!
ReplyDeleteI love all the decor for the holiday! I haven't decorated for the 4th in a few years outside of hanging a flag.
ReplyDelete