Currently
currently loving, doing outside, cooking/grilling, excited about, and wearing
Loving:
1. lazy(ish) late spring days at home- spending time with the kids and Donnie when they're home.
2. Non lazy (in the kitchen and shopping wise!) weekends to prepare for having guests/celebrations. We've done a slew of hosting lately. The events were all lovely so the work was for sure worth it...
3. The weather has been nice- not too hot and finally not cool! A bit of rain but you know we're headed for the typical summer dry spell.
Doing outside:
1. Gardening- right now, there's nothing to harvest in the garden, nor will there be for a while. So it's the unfun stuff now. Weeding and watering. Though it is "fun" (using the term very loosely) to see plants in the garden growing literally day to day.
2. Walking/running- I pretty much do this year round so in that regard, it's a perma-currently (so long as I'm not physically unable to do this)
Cooking/grilling-
1. Donnie has been making steaks and burgers on the grill. Everything he's made is/ has been so good. We used to go out to eat every Saturday for dinner or get carry out and now we hardly ever go out. I love that about the grill! It's homey to, well, eat at home. And then when we do go out, it seems nice and special.
Breakfast burritos courtesy of the Blackstone...
Chicken thighs on the grill that had been marinating in a Chipotle copy cat marinade. The green is cilantro that I was going to add to rice along with lime to make cilantro lime rice a la Chipotle. Ersatz Chipotle is one of our favorites...
2. Cooking(/melting) marshmallows over a gas flame for s'mores.
S'mores suburban style- stainless steel telescoping sticks with a cutesy name to boot :)
Dee-licious!
3. I've been making kids' favorites- shrimp fried rice, chicken pot pie, and I'm sure there are other meals but I can't think of them....
Excited About:
1. Seeing some of my family members soon. My brother may come over to watch the first game of the NBA finals with us. Or we may watch with neighbors. It's fun that the Pacers are in the finals and that we discovered our neighbor friends are fans of the team. (Ohio does have an NBA team- the Cleveland Cavaliers and it's quite common to be a Cavs fan. Our area is closer geographically to Indianapolis than Cleveland and there are a number of native Hoosiers (like me) residing in Ohio (again, especially this area as we aren't far from Indiana) who root for Indiana based teams like the Colts and the Pacers.)
Update since starting this post: My brother didn't end up coming over for the Pacers game nor did we watch the game with neighbors. The game was SOOOOO bad for the Pacers until the last couple of seconds. They were behind the ENTIRE game until they went up by one point with .3 seconds left of the game. Talk about tenacity and clutch!
I'm also going to be seeing my sister soon. I can't wait!
2. Exploring a new to us part of the country with Abs. She and I explored a new to us part of the country two summers again when we spent the month of June in New Jersey. On to a new destination though it will not be for a month and we are headed west this time.
Wearing:
Comfy clothes for the most part. I bought some Indiana U. spirit wear to wear in general and to wear for when watching the Pacers games. I know they aren't the same too teams but they both have the words "Indiana" so I'm going for it :). Thinking about getting more sporty skirts- I only have one right now and I find myself reaching for it a lot.











It sounds like you have had some good days with a good mix of lazy and non lazy one's.
ReplyDeleteI like the watering in the garden but the rain has helped with that over the past week, the weeding not so much.
All of the food you have been grilling looks so good, especially those s'mores.
That sounds like a tense match to watch! Eek!
The food looks good!
ReplyDelete