UPitP- Second Week of August- August 10-16
Some weeks are more pedestrian than others... this week was one of them. Still decided to document it. A few different enough events occurred that it's worth writing about.
Alyssa's cross country schedule changed mid week. Cross country practices had been in the morning, 8:00- 10:00 am. Alyssa liked to get her work outs done first thing in the morning- she didn't mind getting up (fairly) early to get to practice by 7:50 (one obviously doesn't show up right at 8:00 am...). So the new schedule (running several days in the heat of the day) is not ideal for her but hopefully she'll get used to it in time and it will be ok. Two of the days this week, Alyssa texted me shortly after I dropped her off at practice to tell me that she had a fever and couldn't practice. I was SHOCKED to hear that she had a fever; the few times she's had fevers in the past, she's concurrently not felt well eg. fevers when she had strep throat, her throat hurt. She seemed completely fine when I dropped her off- and if she wasn't feeling fine she would have told me- she wouldn't have wanted to go to xc practice for two hours. As it turned out, she didn't have a fever- her coach re- took her temperature several times and those times her temperature was normal. She was able to practice since her temperature read normal after initially stating she had a fever. Alyssa's "false positive" fever was the most exciting thing to happen to happen at xc during the week- though the best thing to happen was her making new friends who are in her running group.
Abby worked three days of the week and was home two days, as her schedule has been since she started working back in June. She and I watched the final of World of Dance- we started watching it at the beginning of the season. It's fun to see amazing dance talent and I liked subsequently reading about the winning group, MDC 3. Abby's work out clothes arrived that she got for free in exchange for posting about the company on IG. They are super cute and fit her great. We walked almost every evening last week- the weather was hot but being out well past the heat of the day rendered walking conditions fine.
The girls' school district made a change to the school year. As of now, in school learning is going to happen. But in the upper grades, 6-12, the school day is being reduced by an hour to give teachers time to help students who are doing learning from home. I have a feeling all students will be heading home for school at home at some point in the year. It would be nice to have a full day of learning, especially in light of "school lite" last year when in mid- March, the students were sent home for e-learning before that happens. Oh well, no one consulted me on the choice to reduce the school day by an hour :).
Jacob completed his move to Cincinnati Monday morning but he was back on Wednesday to see his girlfriend and to get a couple of things from home. After this week, I don't think he'll be home for a while since his girlfriend will be headed to college soon and then the only thing to entice him to come home is seeing us 😜. Now that he has a car on campus with him, it will be easy to meet him halfway in Mason/ West Chester for lunch or dinner as his schedule permits. He will see us if a free meal at a restaurant is on the line :). He started orientation for his part time job this past week. His time will be limited to see us, even for a free meal out but I think he'll do it occasionally.
I had lunch with a friend on Monday and Donnie and I had dinner with a friends on Friday- definitely more socializing than we're used to, lol. We are homebodies by nature and used to be super busy when all three kids were in time consuming activities. On the weekends, when we were finally home from our weekend kid activity wanderings, we just wanted to chill at home. Now that we are down to two at home and those two are not in super time consuming activities, we want to make an effort to be a little more social.
Speaking of meals, Alyssa had a Happy Meal for free this week. She received this coupon in 4th grade(!!) and we just now got around to using it. Of course we've been to McDonald's many times in the past four years but we've never used this. We didn't know what to have for lunch one day this week so I suggested we use this coupon. Alyssa was a leery of eating junk food at McDonald's but I assured her that the portions were small and she could also eat fruits and veggies from home with her meal. I had the drink that came with the meal and got a double cheeseburger. We got the food to go and had a picnic at home. It was fun and the junk food we ate didn't have an overt deleterious effect on either of us :).
One afternoon I hung these pictures on our dining room wall. It was tricky and they are not hung perfectly but I still like how they look on the wall.
Springboro is having a "free" paper shred day coming up soon. We knew we had lots of old papers that could be shredded. I've held on to almost all of our financial documents for years. Apparently as far back as 1999, I held on to most documents. It's good to know that our bank was Y2K ready but I think I can toss, er shred, this statement.
I finished a photo book of Abby's fall play and got it ordered. Sometimes boring weeks with few plans are the best! I love getting things like this done.





Comments
Post a Comment