Three day weekend
The kids had school off on Monday for MLK Day. Donnie worked, naturally (chances are very high if it's a Monday- Friday, he's working). A three day weekend was so nice after two whole weeks of the school grind :).
On Friday, I subbed half a day, in the morning. In the afternoon, I headed down to Cincinnati to pick Jacob up for the weekend. It was good to see him again even though it had only been a week since I'd last seen him.
Friday evening, I went to a friend/ dance mom's house to work on rhinestoning costumes for the upcoming dance season. Several dance moms were there, many yummy snacks were there, and the evening passed quickly and enjoyably. Wegossiped shared what was going on with us and others in our circle, laughed, ate, and accomplished some rhinestoning.
Saturday dawned rainy and cool. Every Saturday in January has been rainy- why would this Saturday be any different? Donnie and Abby ventured out to go to the gym and I went out to go grocery shopping during the day but other than that, we stayed inside. We got some things done around the house and relaxed a little bit, too. We made a last minute decision to go to Target and out to eat. The rain had stopped by then so I didn't mind being out.
Sunday was the first day that felt like winter since, well, last winter. We had a few really cold days in December but I think those days occurred in what was technically still fall. Sunday was like a normal winter day not these 40- 60 degree days that have been the norm this year. Sunday's high was supposed to reach 25 degrees but whenever I checked the temperature (often, I was mesmerized by the low number) it was never over 16 degrees. We went to church and Donnie took Jacob back to UC. That was the last we were out of the house. Staying in seemed the most rational thing to do :). The best part of Sunday was knowing that the weekend wasn't over- there would be no school on Monday.
Alyssa had a sleepover Sunday night with her best friend. When she arrived home, the girls and I made our way to Trader Joe's. It had been a while since we'd last been there. It's always fun to look around and of course buy some of our favorites as well as some new things, too. We also stopped at the Hallmark store and made a couple of Christmas decor items that were 75% off. I'm such a sucker for a good sale...
Alyssa spent more time with her best friend and Abby helped me rhinestone another costume for dance. The girls both had some homework to complete, too. And that was our Monday. We loved the long weekend. I enjoyed the cold, mostly because it was a good excuse to stay indoors. And getting to sleep in three days in a row was a highlight for the girls.
Friday- picking Jacob up from college. I feel so urban when I'm Cincinnati. I'm always glad to return to the suburbs and live my quiet life that consists of stalking the weather app on my phone, buying clearance items after holidays, and getting excited about going to Trader Joe's. It's a simple suburban life but a good one.
Rhinestoning- I used almost three hundred rhinestones on this costume that I worked on Friday night- I took a picture of the top to send to one of the moms who couldn't make it to the rhinestoning get together Friday evening. That way, she'd know how we rhinestoned the costume. Not pictured are the bottoms but they got rhinestoned, too.
Just another rainy Saturday...
I made banana nut muffins Saturday morning. Alyssa wanted muffins made in the mini muffin pan while I wanted to use my oversized muffin pan. We did some in both. This oversized muffin was runny in the middle (kind of gross but I ate it anyway). I had to take it out of the oven early as the sides were getting burned.
Soup for supper on Sunday- tried a new recipe. We all really liked the Lemon Chicken,Kale & Orzo soup. I took a picture of the recipe from a magazine (Cooking Light maybe) while waiting in the dentist office. I chickened (kaled?) out of adding the kale to the soup even though I bought kale for this very recipe. Kale sounds and looks so unappetizing to me. Before the kale goes bad, maybe I'll make this soup again and add it. I really should use the kale.


Stonin'
On Friday, I subbed half a day, in the morning. In the afternoon, I headed down to Cincinnati to pick Jacob up for the weekend. It was good to see him again even though it had only been a week since I'd last seen him.
Friday evening, I went to a friend/ dance mom's house to work on rhinestoning costumes for the upcoming dance season. Several dance moms were there, many yummy snacks were there, and the evening passed quickly and enjoyably. We
Saturday dawned rainy and cool. Every Saturday in January has been rainy- why would this Saturday be any different? Donnie and Abby ventured out to go to the gym and I went out to go grocery shopping during the day but other than that, we stayed inside. We got some things done around the house and relaxed a little bit, too. We made a last minute decision to go to Target and out to eat. The rain had stopped by then so I didn't mind being out.
Sunday was the first day that felt like winter since, well, last winter. We had a few really cold days in December but I think those days occurred in what was technically still fall. Sunday was like a normal winter day not these 40- 60 degree days that have been the norm this year. Sunday's high was supposed to reach 25 degrees but whenever I checked the temperature (often, I was mesmerized by the low number) it was never over 16 degrees. We went to church and Donnie took Jacob back to UC. That was the last we were out of the house. Staying in seemed the most rational thing to do :). The best part of Sunday was knowing that the weekend wasn't over- there would be no school on Monday.
Alyssa had a sleepover Sunday night with her best friend. When she arrived home, the girls and I made our way to Trader Joe's. It had been a while since we'd last been there. It's always fun to look around and of course buy some of our favorites as well as some new things, too. We also stopped at the Hallmark store and made a couple of Christmas decor items that were 75% off. I'm such a sucker for a good sale...
Alyssa spent more time with her best friend and Abby helped me rhinestone another costume for dance. The girls both had some homework to complete, too. And that was our Monday. We loved the long weekend. I enjoyed the cold, mostly because it was a good excuse to stay indoors. And getting to sleep in three days in a row was a highlight for the girls.
Friday- picking Jacob up from college. I feel so urban when I'm Cincinnati. I'm always glad to return to the suburbs and live my quiet life that consists of stalking the weather app on my phone, buying clearance items after holidays, and getting excited about going to Trader Joe's. It's a simple suburban life but a good one.
Rhinestoning- I used almost three hundred rhinestones on this costume that I worked on Friday night- I took a picture of the top to send to one of the moms who couldn't make it to the rhinestoning get together Friday evening. That way, she'd know how we rhinestoned the costume. Not pictured are the bottoms but they got rhinestoned, too.
Just another rainy Saturday...
Soup for supper on Sunday- tried a new recipe. We all really liked the Lemon Chicken,


Trader Joe's finds and using Valentine Day plates for a fun lunch on Monday
Stonin'
The glue that I use for rhinestong, e6000, is really strong. Rhinestones don't come off even if the costume is washed. When Abby and I rhinestoned on Monday, I added some glue that I planned on using onto to a Styrofoam plate and within about five minutes, the plate had a whole in it where the glue had been.









Comments
Post a Comment