A Snow Day- IN SPRING!!
Wednesday was a special day for the kids. While the predicted (and much anticipated) snow *storm* didn't exactly happen, we did get about three inches of snow Tuesday night and into Wednesday which was good enough for a school cancellation. I thought for sure the kids would only have a two hour delay but they got the whole enchilada. In addition to the spring time snow school cancellation miracle, I was able to get back to sleep after I saw the cancellation notice on my phone around 5:00 am. No, Virginia, there is no Santa Clause but miracles do exist :). When I woke up at 8:00 am (whaaaat?), I couldn't believe it.
The kids were understandably pleased with not having school for the day. What they were not pleased about was knowing they'd have to make this day of school up since they've missed so many days this school year.
We didn't do anything exciting during the day. The girls hung out together most of the day. Jacob and I ran an errand together and then he went to the Y. Pretty mundane all in all but way better than school.
The evening proved to be different than it would have been had we not received snow. Jacob and Alyssa were both supposed to have outdoor soccer training Wednesday evening. But, with snow on the ground, soccer training really couldn't occur. So, both of their soccer trainings were canceled. The evening would only get better for the kids... I didn't cook dinner- the kids got Chipotle. It's kind of a long (and boring) story about why I didn't fix dinner at home. No one complained, including me :).
No school, no soccer, no mom's cookin'- the kids had a most unusual but by no means unpleasant Wednesday.
It was strange to have snow in the spring. With the kids already being in the fourth quarter of school, spring break just around the corner, and having had a few warm days this season, it felt off kilter to be experiencing winter type weather. Normally winter weather occurs somewhat within the vicinity of Christmas or New Years or Valentine's Day, not Easter. Throw in daylight savings and not having crepuscular light at 5:00 pm but rather at 8:00 pm and the whole day just seemed super strange.
Here is a picture of our snowy Wednesday... I'm not complaining about the snow day but goodness I'm not certain it was necessary
This picture makes it look like we received a good amount of snow...
The kids were understandably pleased with not having school for the day. What they were not pleased about was knowing they'd have to make this day of school up since they've missed so many days this school year.
We didn't do anything exciting during the day. The girls hung out together most of the day. Jacob and I ran an errand together and then he went to the Y. Pretty mundane all in all but way better than school.
The evening proved to be different than it would have been had we not received snow. Jacob and Alyssa were both supposed to have outdoor soccer training Wednesday evening. But, with snow on the ground, soccer training really couldn't occur. So, both of their soccer trainings were canceled. The evening would only get better for the kids... I didn't cook dinner- the kids got Chipotle. It's kind of a long (and boring) story about why I didn't fix dinner at home. No one complained, including me :).
No school, no soccer, no mom's cookin'- the kids had a most unusual but by no means unpleasant Wednesday.
It was strange to have snow in the spring. With the kids already being in the fourth quarter of school, spring break just around the corner, and having had a few warm days this season, it felt off kilter to be experiencing winter type weather. Normally winter weather occurs somewhat within the vicinity of Christmas or New Years or Valentine's Day, not Easter. Throw in daylight savings and not having crepuscular light at 5:00 pm but rather at 8:00 pm and the whole day just seemed super strange.
Here is a picture of our snowy Wednesday... I'm not complaining about the snow day but goodness I'm not certain it was necessary
This picture makes it look like we received a good amount of snow...

Comments
Post a Comment