American Girl Doll store visit

Alyssa asked for her birthday (yes, back in January) to receive money to buy an American Girl doll. She wanted the new doll of the year, Grace. We bought Alyssa a couple of items for her birthday, but family members gave her money for the purchase of an AG doll. She received enough money to buy a new doll. I debated about whether or not to order her the doll or to go to the store in Columbus for her to experience the store and buy Grace there. Alyssa has been to the Columbus store two times already so it wouldn't have been her first time at the store but still there's something exciting about being in the store to buy the doll as opposed to ordering it. I was going to surprise Alyssa (as I did Abby) and take her to the store one morning instead of going to school. Then bad weather (this was in Feb.) seemed to always be in the forecast when I could take her. Then I got more sub jobs. Then she had a bunch of standardized testing and couldn't miss school.  Finally, we began talking about going to the store so it no longer became an option to surprise her. We decided to go on Tuesday. It probably worked out best going the last week of school anyway (that's what I tell myself to make me feel better about not surprising her).

Since her birthday (you know, four months ago), Alyssa became undecided about whether she would buy a new doll or just buy items. She loves her some American Girl doll furniture and accessories and goodness, is it all expensive... When we arrived at the store, we immediately saw the display for the Grace doll. Alyssa said that she wasn't going to buy her. I asked if she was sure since she'd said for a long time that she wanted Grace. We looked all around the store at the exorbitantly expensive adorable items for sale. American Girl has renamed its line of non historical and non GOTY doll. The line is now called Truly Me. Alyssa spotted a Truly Me doll (all the dolls are showcased in a display case), that looks a lot like her- same hair color and length and eye color. Alyssa said she wanted this doll. I asked if she was sure and she said she was. She had a little bit of money left over (not much- the dolls are up to $115.00) and I told her I'd buy her something since she won the class sprinting contest at field day (I felt like I needed a reason to buy her something and not just to spoil her, ha ha). She bought a hair extension piece, Julie's blow dryer, and some earrings.

Alyssa decided to name her doll Maxine. She told me a few weeks ago that she really likes that name and that she was going to name her daughter that someday. Maybe the doll will end up being the only Maxine in the family!

After we bought the doll and the items, it was approaching lunch time and I asked Alyssa if she wanted to eat lunch in the American Girl doll store's bistro. I was able to get reservations if we wanted to eat there. Alyssa said that she didn't want to eat there. She had one destination in mind after the American Girl doll purchase- the candy store located close by to the AG store. She had asked prior to our trip to Easton if we could stop at the candy store. I told her of course we could (why wouldn't we stop at a candy store on our school skipping day??). She remembered the candy store from our first visit to the Columbus American Girl doll store almost two years ago (the store's grand opening). Sugar never fails to leave a lasting impression on my sugar loving sweet girl! It was fun looking at different candy confections and Alyssa had a ball picking out various items for her bag. We also made a bag for Abby and bought Jacob an item from the bakery part of the store.

We left the candy store and headed to the mall part of Easton in search of brownies (for me). Easton is a mixture of outdoor stores that you have to walk outside to go in and out of but it also has a large indoor mall complete with a large movie theater, casual and sit down dining places, and many stores. It was home to a store called Sugardaddy's. Sugardaddy's was (so sad to refer to it in the past tense) a bakery with the most delicious brownies and cheesecakes. We couldn't find the store when we walked around the mall (I'm pretty sure I remember where it was) and then I consulted the mall directory and it wasn't listed. My taste buds were sad but I know that the brownies are not good for us health wise so I suppose it wasn't all bad that we didn't get to eat the incredibly delicious, thick and oozing with flavor, savory brownies.

We had lunch at Panda Express and then left the mall part of Easton.

We made a brief stop at Children's Place to buy Alyssa a new bathing suit before heading home. Alyssa was anxious to get on the road and get home.  When we got into our car in the parking garage in Easton, Alyssa exclaimed that she felt like she was in a dream. What a fun day with my dreamer!


The doll that Alyssa picked out is the one at the upper right hand side of Alyssa's head






Alyssa's doll is the one right above the Truly Me sign


Purchased!


Out of the box!


She looks as excited as a kid in a cand... oh, she is a kid in a candy store who's excited!




The choices...


A look of pure excitement...


...because she has a bag of candy


Loved these colors but at $13.99/ lb., we passed












Comments

Popular Posts