Long weekend
It was a long weekend in the sense that the kids didn't have school on Monday. In typical weekend fashion, it flew by :).
Abby was ecstatic when she came home from school Friday afternoon. Her school had sent home report cards. Abby had all A's and had improved her scores in almost every class! She received all A's the first quarter as well and worked hard to not only maintain all A's but to improve her grades. Her grades went up in four classes from the first quarter and fell slightly in two. I told her how proud I was of her hard work (according to "experts" you're supposed to praise effort and not just say something generic like, "I'm so proud of you" or "you are so smart"). Saturday, Donnie had a board meeting in the morning. Alyssa had NO soccer game Saturday afternoon (a rarity) and then Donnie and I had plans Saturday evening. That left a bit of time in the afternoon to get some work done in the dining room. Donnie cut the remaining pieces that he needed to for the moulding. Late in the afternoon, Donnie and I headed first to Centerville to pick up two of Donnie's work colleagues and then the four of us headed to Tipp City to the Coldwater Café for dinner with all the attorneys at Donnie's work place.
While we were dining on enormous shrimp, fried ravioli, crab cakes (me), filet (Donnie) and dessert, Uncle Doug took the kids to Jacob's basketball game in Franklin. Jacob's team lost but Jacob did pretty well- 4 for 4 from the free throw line and one bucket. Doug said the shots that he missed were good shots and he couldn't believe that a three pointer Jacob attempted didn't go in. We were thankful that Uncle Doug took the time to help us out with Jacob's basketball game. After the game, they stopped at Dairy Queen and then Jacob and Uncle Doug watched the end of the UD game.
Sunday after church, Donnie began installing the moulding in the dining room. It was not super difficult but required precision and muscle strength to use the brad nailer. I "apparently" possess neither of those qualities (I put "apparently" in parenthesis only because I know that I don't possess those qualities :-)); my assistance was terminated at one point by Donnie as I was making it harder on him to install :(. Donnie finished installing the moulding shortly before it was time to celebrate Alyssa's birthday with family.
It was nice seeing family members for Alyssa's birthday party and talking with them before Alyssa begged to open her presents/ cards. She was thrilled to get enough money to buy an American Girl doll and to receive some presents from us as well.
After family left, Abby's friend Hanna came over to watch some WWE pay per view (we don't have to pay since we have the WWE network but it's still referred to as a pay per view). AJ also came over to watch it with Jacob. Since the kids didn't have school the next day, Hanna spent the night.
Also after family left, Donnie and I painted the walls in the dining room above the chair rail. We painted it a blue/ gray color, exactly the same as what's in our dining room. We love how it looks!
Monday was Alyssa's birthday and NO SCHOOL for the kids because it was a waiver day. As a bonus, our area received about an inch and half of snow Sunday night so AJ's and Avery's schools were closed on Monday due to snow (an inch of snow will do that around here...). Alyssa played with Avery much of the day and Jacob hung out with AJ, Malcolm and Calvin. Hanna was here part of the day with Abby. So the kids had a pretty great day off of school :). I ordered Chinese for Alyssa's birthday dinner and then she and Donnie had to head out for soccer training. After soccer, Donnie suggested a "snack" of Chick- Fil-A to Alyssa so they went to the CFA in Mason and brought back smaller sized portions than we would normally order for a meal to eat at home (since we'd already had dinner and all). A little CFA is always a good way to end a long weekend!
Good reportin'
Here's the dining room on Sunday afternoon with some of the moulding on the walls
The chalkboard in the dining room proclaiming that it's Alyssa's birthday...
Sweet things
Present time!
Bluish gray walls in the dining room. LOVE! We still have to paint the moulding and the entire white portion below the chair rail before we're done with the room.
I regretted not taking pictures of Alyssa during the day of her actual birthday (Monday), like when she was playing with Avery. I did get the camera out to capture our end of day birthday celebration- Chick- Fil-A.
Wish this one wasn't blurry...
Abby was ecstatic when she came home from school Friday afternoon. Her school had sent home report cards. Abby had all A's and had improved her scores in almost every class! She received all A's the first quarter as well and worked hard to not only maintain all A's but to improve her grades. Her grades went up in four classes from the first quarter and fell slightly in two. I told her how proud I was of her hard work (according to "experts" you're supposed to praise effort and not just say something generic like, "I'm so proud of you" or "you are so smart"). Saturday, Donnie had a board meeting in the morning. Alyssa had NO soccer game Saturday afternoon (a rarity) and then Donnie and I had plans Saturday evening. That left a bit of time in the afternoon to get some work done in the dining room. Donnie cut the remaining pieces that he needed to for the moulding. Late in the afternoon, Donnie and I headed first to Centerville to pick up two of Donnie's work colleagues and then the four of us headed to Tipp City to the Coldwater Café for dinner with all the attorneys at Donnie's work place.
While we were dining on enormous shrimp, fried ravioli, crab cakes (me), filet (Donnie) and dessert, Uncle Doug took the kids to Jacob's basketball game in Franklin. Jacob's team lost but Jacob did pretty well- 4 for 4 from the free throw line and one bucket. Doug said the shots that he missed were good shots and he couldn't believe that a three pointer Jacob attempted didn't go in. We were thankful that Uncle Doug took the time to help us out with Jacob's basketball game. After the game, they stopped at Dairy Queen and then Jacob and Uncle Doug watched the end of the UD game.
Sunday after church, Donnie began installing the moulding in the dining room. It was not super difficult but required precision and muscle strength to use the brad nailer. I "apparently" possess neither of those qualities (I put "apparently" in parenthesis only because I know that I don't possess those qualities :-)); my assistance was terminated at one point by Donnie as I was making it harder on him to install :(. Donnie finished installing the moulding shortly before it was time to celebrate Alyssa's birthday with family.
It was nice seeing family members for Alyssa's birthday party and talking with them before Alyssa begged to open her presents/ cards. She was thrilled to get enough money to buy an American Girl doll and to receive some presents from us as well.
After family left, Abby's friend Hanna came over to watch some WWE pay per view (we don't have to pay since we have the WWE network but it's still referred to as a pay per view). AJ also came over to watch it with Jacob. Since the kids didn't have school the next day, Hanna spent the night.
Also after family left, Donnie and I painted the walls in the dining room above the chair rail. We painted it a blue/ gray color, exactly the same as what's in our dining room. We love how it looks!
Monday was Alyssa's birthday and NO SCHOOL for the kids because it was a waiver day. As a bonus, our area received about an inch and half of snow Sunday night so AJ's and Avery's schools were closed on Monday due to snow (an inch of snow will do that around here...). Alyssa played with Avery much of the day and Jacob hung out with AJ, Malcolm and Calvin. Hanna was here part of the day with Abby. So the kids had a pretty great day off of school :). I ordered Chinese for Alyssa's birthday dinner and then she and Donnie had to head out for soccer training. After soccer, Donnie suggested a "snack" of Chick- Fil-A to Alyssa so they went to the CFA in Mason and brought back smaller sized portions than we would normally order for a meal to eat at home (since we'd already had dinner and all). A little CFA is always a good way to end a long weekend!
Good reportin'
Here's the dining room on Sunday afternoon with some of the moulding on the walls
The chalkboard in the dining room proclaiming that it's Alyssa's birthday...
Sweet things
Present time!
Bluish gray walls in the dining room. LOVE! We still have to paint the moulding and the entire white portion below the chair rail before we're done with the room.
Wish this one wasn't blurry...

Comments
Post a Comment