Jacob's birthday balloons
Jacob turned 13 (!) on December 20th. I wanted to find unique and memorable ways to celebrate the big day. His birthday coincided with the last day of school before the winter break which gave it a built in specialness! I found several ideas for memorable ways to celebrate a birthday on Pinterest and one involved balloons and money. Prior to blowing up a balloon, you insert a dollar bill into the balloon. I decided to give him 13 dollar filled balloons for him to find in his bedroom when he woke up. Late Thursday night, I blew up the balloons and numbered them so Jacob would see that there were 13 of them.
When he came downstairs the morning of his birthday, I asked him what he thought of the balloons. He said it was cool to wake up to see the balloons on his bedroom floor. He didn't even realize there was money in the balloons. That made them even better! I was glad that I decided to give Jacob birthday balloons.
Uh-oh! I didn't even look at the number of balloon that came in the package until I arrived home from Wal-mart. I only bought one pack and only 12 came in a pack. I had a pack of smaller balloons but didn't know if I'd be able to cram a dollar bill in the smaller balloons. Fortunately, an "extra" balloon was in this package. There were 13, and not 12 balloons in here. Lucky 13!!
Here are the balloons blown up with a dollar in them. It was kind of hard to see the money!
Here you can see the dollar bill (sort of).
When he came downstairs the morning of his birthday, I asked him what he thought of the balloons. He said it was cool to wake up to see the balloons on his bedroom floor. He didn't even realize there was money in the balloons. That made them even better! I was glad that I decided to give Jacob birthday balloons.
Uh-oh! I didn't even look at the number of balloon that came in the package until I arrived home from Wal-mart. I only bought one pack and only 12 came in a pack. I had a pack of smaller balloons but didn't know if I'd be able to cram a dollar bill in the smaller balloons. Fortunately, an "extra" balloon was in this package. There were 13, and not 12 balloons in here. Lucky 13!!
Here are the balloons blown up with a dollar in them. It was kind of hard to see the money!
Here you can see the dollar bill (sort of).

Comments
Post a Comment