Things that make you say, "Awwwwwww"
Alyssa recently brought home some cute writing assignments from school that are too cute not to share. Alyssa's rather *sloppy* handwriting is evident. She just is not a neat hand writer. She has the same teacher that Abby had in 1st grade. At Alyssa's conference, I mentioned her poor handwriting. Her teacher wasn't worried about it. She attributed it to Alyssa being in a hurry to get done. She did say to me, "Wasn't Abby's handwriting near perfect when she was Alyssa's age?" Poor Alyssa. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree; Donnie and I both have horrible handwriting. Combine that with trying to get done in a hurry and you have handwriting that is something else!
Who is worth more to you than gold?
Alyssa's response: "My sister is worth more than gold because I always play with her. I love having a sister." Awwwwwww. Although I feel bad for Jacob that he doesn't have a brother, I must confess that I was thrilled when I was pregnant with Alyssa and found out we were having a girl. I was so happy that Abby would have a sister! On another note, the girls have stopped sleeping in the same room. For at least the past year and half, Alyssa has slept on the floor in Abby's room in her sleeping bag. She claimed the bag was super comfortable and she loved being near her sister. They would talk well past bedtime but I (usually) didn't mind. When Alyssa had a really bad cold two weeks ago, I made her sleep in her room because her coughing was so bad at night. I was afraid she would keep Abby up so I made Alyssa sleep in her own bed in her room. Alyssa rediscovered the comfort of a mattress (as opposed to the floor!) and decided she wanted to keep sleeping in her bed. A part of me is sad that they aren't sleeping in the same room, but I obviously can't blame Alyssa for preferring her pillow top mattress and bed over the sleeping bag and floor. It was a nice run while it lasted!
This one cracks me up with the missing eye. It came home from school like this. It looks like it's already 15 years old in storage! I seriously love the hand print and its incorporation into the card's design. Trust me, in 6th grade, I'm not getting any hand print art from Jacob! I'm actually not getting it in 4th grade either so I really appreciate it in Alyssa's art.
This one says, "Dear Mom, I miss you so much and I love you." Awwwwwww. I don't know if she means she misses me during the day or it was an anticipatory miss you since she knew I was going away for the weekend for Abby's dance competition. Either way, awwwwwwwwww.
The design on the top of this is a Hershey's Kiss. It really doesn't look that much like a Kiss so I didn't worry about not capturing all of it in a photo! It says, "I like when my daddy gives me hugs and kisses. I no my daddy loves me. It makes me glad when I am sad. It cheers me up." Awwwwwwww. I added the punctuation; Alyssa's version had none :-).
Who is worth more to you than gold?
Alyssa's response: "My sister is worth more than gold because I always play with her. I love having a sister." Awwwwwww. Although I feel bad for Jacob that he doesn't have a brother, I must confess that I was thrilled when I was pregnant with Alyssa and found out we were having a girl. I was so happy that Abby would have a sister! On another note, the girls have stopped sleeping in the same room. For at least the past year and half, Alyssa has slept on the floor in Abby's room in her sleeping bag. She claimed the bag was super comfortable and she loved being near her sister. They would talk well past bedtime but I (usually) didn't mind. When Alyssa had a really bad cold two weeks ago, I made her sleep in her room because her coughing was so bad at night. I was afraid she would keep Abby up so I made Alyssa sleep in her own bed in her room. Alyssa rediscovered the comfort of a mattress (as opposed to the floor!) and decided she wanted to keep sleeping in her bed. A part of me is sad that they aren't sleeping in the same room, but I obviously can't blame Alyssa for preferring her pillow top mattress and bed over the sleeping bag and floor. It was a nice run while it lasted!
This one cracks me up with the missing eye. It came home from school like this. It looks like it's already 15 years old in storage! I seriously love the hand print and its incorporation into the card's design. Trust me, in 6th grade, I'm not getting any hand print art from Jacob! I'm actually not getting it in 4th grade either so I really appreciate it in Alyssa's art.
This one says, "Dear Mom, I miss you so much and I love you." Awwwwwww. I don't know if she means she misses me during the day or it was an anticipatory miss you since she knew I was going away for the weekend for Abby's dance competition. Either way, awwwwwwwwww.
The design on the top of this is a Hershey's Kiss. It really doesn't look that much like a Kiss so I didn't worry about not capturing all of it in a photo! It says, "I like when my daddy gives me hugs and kisses. I no my daddy loves me. It makes me glad when I am sad. It cheers me up." Awwwwwwww. I added the punctuation; Alyssa's version had none :-).

Comments
Post a Comment