Superbowl Sunday

We had a good time watching the Superbowl on Sunday.  Caleb came over to watch the game with us. Jacob had spent the night at Caleb's on Saturday.  On Sunday, we took both boys to church and in the early afternoon, Jacob went with Caleb's family to Brandon's basketball game (Brandon is Caleb's brother).  After the basketball game, the boys came back here to watch the Superbowl.  Jacob was in friend heaven spending virtually all day with Caleb.  The boys were so cute- they wore almost matching khaki shorts to church and their matching Springboro basketball jackets. I meant to get a picture of them but by the time I got around to it, Jacob had inexplicably changed his shorts.   

Springboro's own Jake Ballard is a starting tight end for the New York Giants so of course we were hoping the Giants would win.  Jacob and Caleb got so excited whenever they showed Jake on TV and/ or he was part of a play.  They went so far as to question the Giant's offensive strategy when a play that didn't include Jake Ballard didn't go well.  They thought if Jake had been thrown the ball, it would have resulted in a first down!

I made a new dessert for the Superbowl; disappointing a bit given there were six candy bars in the homemade brownie and plenty of butter.  I also made chicken wings for the first time.  They turned out great without frying them.  I made some barbecue and some buffalo style.

Here is a picture of Jacob with Jake Ballard when Jacob was in first grade.  Jake Ballard's sister, Miss Ballard, at the time, now Mrs. Fluty, is a first grade teacher at Dennis.  Jacob didn't have her as a teacher but had a good friend of Miss Ballard as his teacher.  When Jake came to the school during the Christmas party I was there (with my camera, natch), Jacob was wearing his Ohio State jersey (Jake was at Ohio State at the time), and Mrs. Clark (Jacob's teacher), asked me if Jacob would like to get his picture taken with Jake.  I affirmed that this would please us both!!  I had the picture enlarged to an 8 by 10 and asked Miss Ballard if her brother would sign it for Jacob which he did. 

Two cuties :-)


Comments

Popular Posts