Pumpkin mess!
I bought quite a few pumpkins this year, mainly for outdoor decorations and then to carve. We were supposed to carve pumpkins at a friend's house the Saturday before Halloween, but then there was a death in her family and the funeral was out of town. Once I had the idea that the carving pumpkin mess would be elsewhere, I couldn't bring myself to bring the mess into my house and carve pumpkins with the kids. They did not seem to mind :-). About a week after Halloween, Abby asked if I could roast some pumpkin seeds for her to eat. Well, since they're good for you and since I had half a dozen pumpkins I could hardly say no. So, the mess came into our house anyway! Serves me right for thinking I could escape a mess :-). I not only roasted all the seeds from two pumpkins but I baked the pumpkins and pureed the baked pumpkins. That'll teach me to not carve pumpkins before Halloween! Actually, I'm glad I baked the pumpkins because I learned something new and isn't that what I tell my kids they should enjoy doing? You betcha' I enjoyed it!
Pumpkin guts make for great fun....
Pumpkin seeds make for great snack...
Pureeing pumpkins make for great mess...
Pumpkin guts make for great fun....
Pumpkin seeds make for great snack...
Pureeing pumpkins make for great mess...

Comments
Post a Comment