Back in the USA

We arrived home late last week from our spring break trip to Jamaica. We had a really great time. Enjoyed the SUN- both seeing it (hadn't been seeing too much in Ohio) and feeling its warmth after a quick dip in the ocean or pool. Here are a few highlights of our trip:

***For the kids, it was their first trip outside of North America. I hope it won't be their last.

***The kids (especially the girls) ate their "normal" favorite food (chicken nuggets & fries) at most of the meals. We did get them to all try fried calamari (they liked it). Jacob was fairly adventurous food wise. He had shrimp a few times and different cuts of beef.

***Alyssa took off with her swimming. By our last day, she was swimming in water over her head without a flotation device. She still claims she will only take lessons at the Y with a device on. We'll see who wins that battle Friday...

***Alyssa's comment that confirmed I needed a vacation. It was on our third day there. She said something like, "you aren't doing those things you usually do during the day like sweeping and cleaning and cooking." I think it was disorientating for her to see me so out of my element!

***Jacob likes Xbox. A lot. There's a shocker!

***The ice cream machine. There were cones and soft serve ice cream available all day. It was hard for all of us to walk past the machine and not indulge (especially when so many others around us were indulging).


The best part of the trip was returning home a little bigger (see above, also not that bigger is better but that it was fun getting that way!), a little more tan (see Sun, above), and full of memories of sun drenched days and warm evenings spent together.


I took many, many pictures. I'm not sure how many I'll post. For now, I'll post some pictures taken by a Beaches employee who took pictures of us on the beach and for an astronomical fee, provided me the files on a disk.







Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Create your own free slideshow design

Comments

Popular Posts