Currently- this week
Loving- A two-hour school delay after having my hopes up about one and then having them dashed only to actually have a delay. So many emotions in such a short time!
On Wednesday evening, we had some freezing rain and a winter weather advisory. It was looking promising for a delay on Thursday (and I had a sub job lined up for Thursday. It was for the same (fairly non fun/decidedly difficult class that I'd subbed for on Wednesday so spending two hours less in the class sounded real good)).
This was after the freezing rain on Wednesday
But it was going to be dicey as the night was one of those rare ones where the temperature was actually going to increase rather than decrease turning that freezing rain into non delaying rain. I woke up early (like 3:00 am early, wide awake), ran on the treddy and then started checking the school's website, hoping to see the 2 hour delay banner at the top of the page. It didn't appear so I got ready to go into school. I kept checking the website until the time that it was past the time that it seemed likely the school would call a delay. I drove the almost mile to the school and before the school was in sight, was surprised at the lack of traffic. Then I got to the school. There were no lights and no cars were in the lot. What on earth?
I googled the school and there it was, a banner proclaiming a two hour delay. However, it wasn't weather related. Rather, it was due to the school having no power. So we got our delay after all. I mean, after I was completely ready and had driven (albeit less than a mile) to the school. But still, turning around and going home for a short time was better than being in a classroom full of students who weren't "feeling" the educational subject matter over which I was tasked with educating them.
Then once school was underway on Thursday, I didn't have to cover for any teacher during my teacher's plan and my teacher's plan period abutted her lunch, so I had a really long break. Between the two-hour delay and the extra-long delay, it should have been a great school day. Unfortunately, it wasn't, at all. But, focusing on the positive, I did get a two hour delay :).
Finally, I loved it when the bell rang for the final time on Friday at school. Yes, I was back in the same classroom that I'd been in on Wednesday and Thursday. It is not a classroom that I intend to ever sub in again... I may have started a timer on my phone to count down until the end of the day and glanced at it occasionally to verify that time, was in fact, passing and my time in the classroom would end. At one point, I took a screen shot of the timer and texted Alyssa. I told her my day at school was not going well but it was OK, I was on a countdown, and it would end. Alyssa texted me a sweet reply- something that I would say to her when she needed encouragement. It was a sweet moment in the day. The sweetest moment in the school day for sure. Until...
the sound of that glorious final bell chimed. I'd made it. Barely. But I'd made it
Anticipating- Two fun trips planned for this spring. Of course, last spring at this time, I had two fun trips planned both of which I had to cancel after I had surgery the recovery of which precluded driving.
Remembering- This month last year marked the very first college visit that we did with Alyssa. Yes, the first college visit was in the second semester of Alyssa's senior year of high school. Unusual, I know, but it worked for us and she found a school to attend :).
Coastal Carolina was pretty as could be... that drive tho
She ended up in state and not too far from us at Ohio State 💖😀😊
I saw this picture of the Vice President reppin' for OSU and thought it was neat. I would say at this point, he is OSU's most distinguished alumnus.
Sharing- a meal with a friend on the one day that I didn't work this week. Such a treat to get to spend time catching up with a friend and speaking of treats, my friend is a paper crafter and she made these boxes out of cardstock. Aren't they adorable??
She made the boxes- she didn't just put cardstock on top of boxes that were already made. She formed the boxes from white cardstock. Then she covered the white cardstock with prettier paper. She placed candy inside the boxes before she closed them.
Wish listing- That DOGE keeps on DOGEin'. Isn't it CRAZY the massive fraud/waste of taxpayers' dollars that DOGE uncovered this week? If people don't like the fact that Trump was elected, how can they not like that he's uncovering (and putting an end to!) massive amount of fraud and ridiculous amounts of tax payer dollars going to agencies like USAID that gave away (or purported to anyway...) billions of dollars to other countries for odd purposes like producing Sesame Street for Iraq. What?? Massive fraud seems endemic at this point with these huge bureaucracies. USAID was also giving money to left wing news organizations that surprisingly, not surprisingly, *tended* to (ha, it did) slant the news to make left wing politicians and their ideas seems good and conservative politicians and their ideas not so good. Scratch that, USAID didn't give money directly to left news organizations like Politico. Rather, it paid ridiculously large subscription fees for access to "the news." When I say, "it" paid, I mean USAID which means taxpayers.
That is our money that's being wasted. It's infuriating. I'm grateful that this administration is committed to doing something about the fraud and is actually doing it.
The White House's website has listed some of the waste it found within USAID. I've seen headlines that there has been massive fraud and waste found within Medicaid/Medicare as well. It is very likely in every bureaucracy.
Thank you, President Trump and everyone at DOGE who is increasing transparency within the government, exposing the waste and fraud perpetrated for years by the Deep State, and eliminating it.








It sounds like you are having some awful weather and how frustrating to get the delay notice after you had got to school.
ReplyDeleteI hope you get to go on the trips that you have planned this year!
How lovely to catch up with your friend and those boxes are so pretty!
Thank you, Kim! It was very nice to catch up with my friend!! I sure hope the trips happen as well :).
DeleteUgh, subbing sounded painful this week. Hopefully next week is better! I am with you on DOGE. I don't get why the media is not highlighting more of what they have found. Totally ridiculous spending!
ReplyDeleteYep,- well, we know for a fact that some of the media is in on the take. They aren't going to bite the hand that feeds it. Plus, the mainstream media is pretty much the mouthpiece of the Democratic party- the media will not portray anything that is associated with Trump as being a good thing. And DOGE is a good thing. But reality is not an important value in the religion of the Left, unfortunately.
DeleteOh can't wait to read all about your trips- yeah! It is amazing how much has changed in a year- so glad Alyssa is happy at Ohio State!
ReplyDeleteOh, goodness, yes- lots has changed in one year!! So far, definitely so good for Alyssa and I pray it stays that way :).
DeleteI’m excited about your trips.Always fun to have something to look forward to. Those boxes your friend made are so sweet! That ice last week was crazy! May it be a sweet week for you!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Andrea! For sure about the trips! I know, aren't those boxes so cute and sweet. My friend sent me the link to a website that gives the instructions on making them. Alas, it is not in my wheelhouse to make them, I'm afraid; I appreciate them even more after reading the instructions to make them :)
DeleteI am sorry the subbing was so bad but now you know. I have been out of the news loop so I appreciate you telling me that. I think there is so much waste in my school district, local government, state government, federal government. It makes me sick.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Amy- new week, hopefully better results. Today's day at school was really good so fingers crossed! Oh my, yes, about the waste everywhere. You can see it at school and just imagine how magnified it is at other levels of government. The scope of what DOGE is uncovering is massive.
DeleteHi, oh I give you hugs for subbing. I do not think I could do it.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the info ... our media does not do honest reporting.
Thanks, Carla- that is for sure, sadly, about the news. Now we know why some of the media is so beholden to the Deep State- it's getting money from it. The waste is obscene.
DeleteSubbing is like a box of chocolates- you never know what you're going to get!! Today was a really good day at school.
My son is a second semester senior and still needs to visit the college he might attend!
ReplyDeleteI read this post the other day but had to wait to comment. I got so tickled. Well, first got rather enthusiastic when you said the "DOGE should just keep on DOGEin!" Best line ever. And you went on to support that statement quite well (can you even believe it?) and then the comment (which there was only one at the time)...."so, it seems you have had awful weather lately." I don't even know who said it (I'm not going to look back) but it honestly made me laugh out loud!! Keep it real, my friend!
ReplyDelete