Weekending- Ed Sheeran Concert!!

Linking up with Holly and Sarah for Hello Monday:


Abby and I went to the Ed Sheeran concert at MetLife Arena in New Jersey last night. Apparently MetLife is where the New York Jets play? Kinda odd since the city for which the team is named is in another state but if spending time in New Jersey has taught me anything, it's that many things are quite different out here!! 

We realized on Friday that Ed was performing and decided to check out ticket prices/ availability. On Saturday, we found tickets for Sunday's concert at a decent price so we got them. I am not a big concert goer- as evidenced that the last big concert that I went to was in 1999 or 2000. I've been to a couple other shows in smaller venues since then. I don't like crowds at all. Regarding this concert, I was assuaged that the concert was not sold out (Sunday's show was not sold out on Saturday anyway when we got tickets). I didn't kid myself that the arena wouldn't be full of people but knowing that not every seat was going to be occupied brought me a modicum (albeit, admittedly, irrationally) of relief.

Abby likes Ed Sheeran quite a bit. He's probably her favorite non-Christian artist so it worked out well that he was performing in town during the time we were in New Jersey. I have listened to his music a decent bit when driving the girls places. Both Abby and Alyssa were really into his music several years ago and they purchased his albums or at least some songs of his on iTunes and they'd ask to play his songs when we drove places. So, while I can't say I'm a huge fan of his, I like most of what I've heard of his and looked at going to the concert as an adventure with Abby.

We ubered because driving in New Jersey is NOT FUN!!!! 

Info from the website- I like how it reminds people to charge their phones before they go to the concert. It was good advice. I kept my phone charged until almost the second we walked out the door and had not a lot of battery power by the end of the evening. 

Someone named Khalid opened for Ed. I had not heard of him but I did recognize a couple of songs of his when he sang them. 


Me and my Jersey girl!!




Countdown to Ed...

There he is! That little dot in the center of the stage. A part of me wishes that I'd brought my Nikon but I couldn't have brought my zoom lens.  I would have gotten some decent zoom but whatever. This is fine. 



At one point, he mentioned that this show was THE MOST ATTENDED OF ANY OF HIS SHOWS EVER IN THE US- so much for feeling good about empty seats, lol. I think he said that 89,000 people where there. Oh boy... I think the open airness of the stadium helped to not make the event feel overwhelming to me in a people vis a vis air kind of way.

It was a great show and Abby loved it. 





The End!!

Waiting... and waiting... and waiting for our Uber to show up!! I booked the Uber ahead of time to make sure we had a ride. It did not arrive on time but that was not shocking in the least. 

It was a good opportunity to take pictures while we waiting. It was a lovely evening weather wise. I would not have wanted to wait in any cooler of weather.

We both bought sweatshirts before the show started and then bought a t shirt when vendors were selling them waaaaaay after the show for half off when we were waiting for our uber. 


Comments

  1. What a fun night for you both! I love Ed Sheeran, but I am like you and don't love concerts. My husband saw him perform at an outdoor event a few years ago here in Memphis, and he was blown away by Ed's talent. He also said he is one of the nicest people ever, as they were close to him at the event for added security. I am sure you're glad you went, and what a great memory for you both. I laughed when you said someone named Khalid opened up- I wouldn't know who that was either, but my son Drew loves him, so I remembered the name. I want to hear about your New Jersey trip! Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is great to hear about Ed! He seemed charming and exuded kindness/ good guy in spite of his fame- it's nice to hear that is genuine and not part of an act. Agree that he is crazy talented. He writes his own songs and doesn't have pre recorded tracks at his concerts. Very impressive!

      Delete
  2. oh my gosh HOW FUN! Looks like a great venue and such special time with your girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Holly! It was so nice because Abby liked it so much ;).

      Delete
  3. That sounds so fun! Though I am not really a concert goer or fan of crowds either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun. Yeah, I'm good now for a long time regarding going to a concert...

      Delete
  4. What a fun memory to make with your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blue pleated skirt is beautiful and looks like you had fun.

    Bernie,
    The Style Fanatic

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh how wonderful! I would have loved to of gone to one of his concerts, you looked gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Andrea! That is a high compliment coming from someone as beautiful as you ;).

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts