Last week
Bereft of an alliterate or a creative title, "Last week" sums up what this post is about succinctly :).
Last week wasn't too noteworthy or out of the ordinary- not as much as the previous week but I still thought I'd document it. Why not?
I worked all five week days last week. It had probably been a year or more since I last worked five days in a row. I know it's very common to work five days a week- it just isn't common for me. It wasn't bad at all- I worked at one of the schools that lets out really early so I still had time to drop Alyssa off at practice and pick her up, do a mid week Aldi grocery run, fix mostly healthy mostly homemade meals, keep up with the laundry and the most basic of tidying up like making our bed, cleaning vanities, etc. But that's about it :).
Speaking of work... and someone who works five work days week in and week out, Donnie's work has been keeping him super busy and last week was another crazy busy one for him. He worked quite a bit later than he normally does; one evening the girls were puzzled why we were eating so late (I wanted to wait for him to come home to eat). His firm is going to hire an associate but right now, he's too busy to even think about training, let alone handing work over to anyone else and overseeing that. It's a better problem to have than not being busy enough, though.
I woke up between 3:30 am and 4:00 am three mornings last week so... functioning, working, not being completely churlish from fatigue were all very important goals in light of the lack of sleep and I think that for the most part, I succeeded. Also, when you sleep in until 6:35 on Saturday and think, "Whoa, I got so much sleep last night!" and are really excited about said sleeping in, you know you've slept poorly recently.
In addition to cross country practice five days last week, two of the evenings, after practice, Alyssa had cross country events. This entailed more driving for me (see above Donnie worked a lot more than I did so I did the extra driving) than normal and tested my abilities to not be overtly irritated with the intrusion of plans into our evening (see above me being fatigued and therefore more prone to, well, irritation). Alyssa didn't really want to go to the events because she had so much homework but felt like she should to be a good team player.
Abby and Jacob both had normal weeks. Abby had work and school and dance. Jacob stayed in Cincinnati and (as far as we know...) just had online classes and work (and of course play).
We had pretty nice weather last week, besides rain on Monday and Tuesday... On Friday, the temperature got up to the mid 70´s. In the late afternoon, Abby and I decided to walk to downtown Springboro. I wanted to go to a store that sells Springboro spirit wear. I feel like I constantly wear the same "Springboro Panthers" emblazoned shirts and I convinced myself I needed a new one to wear to Alyssa's cross country meet the next day. Anyway, the walk was a pretty one. Abby and I loved this festive Stop sign in town.
This is the Springboro hoodie that I bought (and some earrings) on Friday. As it turned out, the weather took a dramatic, albeit predicted, turn for the cold and no one at the cross country meet on Saturday would have been the wiser if I'd worn an opposing school's hoodie because I was bundled up in a warm coat. Oh well, I'll wear the shirt plenty of times when it will be seen :).
Speaking of new shirts (Springboro emblazoned no less), the girls got a new running top to wear at the regional meet on Saturday.
A supplement company reached out to Abby and asked her if she'd like some free supplements. She said she would so they sent her a bunch- she was not expecting so much. She received over $400 worth of supplements. I saw the receipt and had to take a picture.





Comments
Post a Comment