Soccer Saturday and Sunday

Alyssa had two soccer games over the weekend. They did not go so well; the team lost both games. However, the teams they played are currently number one and number two in the conference so they are the toughest teams the girls will face this season. Hopefully we'll only have wins or ties from here on out (a soccer mom can dream, right?).

Alyssa's Saturday game was in Medina, near Cleveland, or not near us. Three hours to the north and east away from us. Just Alyssa and I went to the game. Donnie had a board meeting he had to attend and so he had to miss the game. The game wasn't until 1:45 pm so we left the house at 9:00 am in order to stop for lunch and to get to the field an hour before the game started.

We stopped at a Chipotle in Mansfield for lunch. Mansfield is over a two hour drive from our house so not exactly close to our house yet as soon as we got off the interstate (I-71) to go to Chipotle, both Alyssa and I recognized that particular Chipotle as one we've been to a few times. We take I-71 north when we go to Canada and have stopped at the same Chipotle enough times to recognize it (even though we didn't realize it was the one we've been to numerous times until we got off the interstate and saw it).

Got to the soccer complex, Pinnacle Sports, in plenty of time to use the indoor facilities before Alyssa headed to the the field for warm ups. As I said before, we didn't win the game nor was it close. Disappointing. We'd tied this team, Internationals, once last year so to lose to them by a few goals was not good. Alyssa was called for her first foul in two years during this game. It wasn't in the box, fortunately. I could hardly see the foul (or the call of foul) as it occurred on the opposite side of where I was. Alyssa told me after the game that she didn't think she'd fouled the girl. She said she thought she got ball and then the girl's foot. Whether she did or didn't foul her doesn't matter and thankfully there was no negative repercussion from it.

There was something positive about the day- the weather was quite pleasant. I had on a long sleeve shirt and a jacket and got almost too warm during the game. It's hard to know how to dress when the forecast portends neither cold nor hot temperatures. I'd rather be hot than cold so I had on more than I needed. But it was fine. I wasn't too warm and was pleased to not be cold. On our way home, we made two fairly brief stops- to get gas and to eat dinner at Bob Evans. We arrived home around 8:00 pm- eleven hours after we'd left home that morning.

Sunday Alyssa had a home soccer game against OP (Ohio Premier). It was her first home game of the season. For home games, we're gone from our home for around four hours but four is better than eleven so I'll take home games any day of the week! We lost again, but the girls played better and the score was at least close. Again, the two teams we played over the weekend are the top two in our conference so hopefully these losses will be it (these losses and the one last week to the third team in our conference :)) for the season.

Sunday's game- the girls wore their pink socks



Lots of running- OP doesn't have a slow girl on its roster. It was run, chase, kick on repeat.


...and there were corner kicks


And lots of running...




There was some physical contact...





There was the occasional legal hand(s) ball (a throw in, lol)




There was the occasional invasion of personal space (it is a soccer game, after all, not a tea party)...


Does Alyssa look hot/ tired here? She was! Sunday's game was much hotter than Saturday's- temps were in the mid-70's and it was sunny on Sunday. I was warm in my short sleeved shirt and all I was doing was exerting my right index finger when I hit the shutter release button on my camera.



This is kind of a strange picture... Alyssa is on the right hand side while there's an OP girl on left.


The OP girl looks to be headed to the ball first... The time stamp for the picture read 13:51:08


...but Alyssa got to the ball in time to keep the girl from crossing and it appears a bit of a collision occurred. Time stamp- 13:51:10


13:51:12













Comments

Popular Posts