The Graduate...

Jacob graduated from high school on Saturday. 🙌 Because his high school is so big, the graduation ceremony took place at a location that's a half an hour from our house and not even located in the same county as his high school. Good/ big graduation venues are hard to come by apparently :). Anyway, the ceremony took place at the Nutter Center in Beavercreek, OH. It's a concert venue and also is the location of the expo for the Air Force Marathon that I've run numerous times.

We drove two cars to the Nutter Center because Donnie's mom asked if she could ride with us. Jacob and I drove together and everyone else drove in Donnie's car. Donnie joked (well, maybe not a joke...) that I'd get lost. I told him between Apple maps and the fact that I'd been to the Nutter Center many times, I would not be getting lost. My map app had me get off the highway at a different exit than I normally do so when I exited the highway, I didn't know exactly where I was but I wasn't concerned because of GPS. I became concerned when Apple maps said that I'd arrived when, in fact, we were not at the Nutter Center. Ugh. We eventually got there and Jacob was only a couple of minutes late.

The ceremony was nicely and quickly done. It lasted right about an hour and a half. We are proud of Jacob and happy for him. He is ready for a new chapter of his life to begin. One of my friends asked me if I cried during the ceremony. I didn't, nor did I come close to crying. Now, have I cried during the 500 picture slideshow I'm putting together for his grad party? Oh, YES!

After the ceremony, we ate at an Olive Garden in Beavercreek. We had a great dinner celebrating Jacob and his graduation milestone.

Before heading to Beavercreek- Jacob and the girls


Jacob and us



The graduate





At the Ervin J. Nutter Center








I took pictures while he was getting his diploma (he already has it here even though you can't see it) but I was also cheering which resulted in blurry pictures. I've heard that we can purchase pictures of students receiving their diplomas which is placating me greatly since I didn't get any non blurry ones.







Most of the graduates in his class...



Getting ready to turn their tassels...



At Olive Garden



With grandma...


Two cuties... as we approached our house on our way home, we saw Carter's mom pushing Carter in his little car. We had to stop and talk to her.



I don't think Carter is very impressed with Jacob's recent grad status...


Comments

Popular Posts