Basement Basketball

Last Tuesday evening, we found out yet again that school would be cancelled the following day.  I hesitate to use the word "ecstatic" because in reading previous blog posts, I realize that I used the word "ecstatic" on two different occasions to describe how the kids were when they found out that they didn't have school the next day.  So, I'll try to refrain from using that word, but suffice it to say that they were extremely excited to find out that they wouldn't have school the next day.

AJ and Avery were in Springboro and they found out that their school was cancelled on Wednesday too (they found this out on Tuesday evening just as we did).  The kids asked if they could have sleepovers so AJ and Avery spent the night here.  At some point in the evening, I heard a lot of laughter and commotion coming from the basement.  Jacob, AJ, Alyssa and Avery were playing a modified version of basketball with the hoop that we have in the basement.  The modification was that the boys were playing on their knees so as to be more of Avery's and Alyssa's heights.   They were having a good time and the match up seemed to be pretty even.  I brought my camera down to capture some of the fun they were having. 











Good times!

Comments

Popular Posts