Friends at Friendly's
I took Alyssa and Avery to Friendly's (greasy, American style, crayons for the kids, ketchup at the table kind of eatery) for lunch on Friday. Avery couldn't go to Alyssa' s birthday party because her family was out of town during Alyssa's party. I wanted to do something fun with the girls and lunch seemed like a good option. The girls were well behaved (Avery's influence!) and waited patiently for our food that took quite some time to arrive (the grilled chicken for my salad took an eternity- I don't think the cooks know how to grill food; deep fried is the more common method of cooking at Friendly's). Near the end, the girls decided to switch names- Avery became Alyssa and Alyssa became Avery. They had fun pretending to be the other but when I needed to seriously have a discussion with Alyssa, chaos ensued:
Me: Alyssa put your jacket on.
Alyssa: I'm not Alyssa, I'm Avery.
Me: Ok, Avery, put your jacket on.
Avery looks confused as she already has her jacket on. Alyssa ignores my request.
Me: Avery, put your jacket on, NOW. Alyssa stares at me blankly while Avery points to her jacket.
Me: Avery, Alyssa, whatever your name is- put your jacket on NOW! 1....2....
Thank goodness Avery's mom (as in the real Avery) suggested the girls go to her house after lunch for some play time. I needed a break!
Avery and Alyssa
Playing with the plastic straw packaging...
So Sweet- the girls each only took a couple of bites from their ice cream.

Comments
Post a Comment