Weekending
The weekend felt a little odd with Thursday and Friday being days off work and school. Thursday was Thanksgiving so that was a very out of the ordinary day. But Friday was a (wonderfully) lazy day at home; the thought of having two more days of all of us at home (for the most part) was a good one.
Saturday, I finally finished decorating (most of) the house for Christmas. I'm still thinking of putting up the Christmas village- I don't always put it up. But 95% of it is done and I like how everything looks. I will be ready for it to come down after Christmas and will love the clean/ less cluttered look of an undecorated house ;). For now, I will savor the season of greens and reds and bulbs everywhere!
Abby and I ran a few errands. We picked up a birthday cake at our favorite bakery and we went to the grocery store.
Saturday evening we had plans to celebrate a big birthday! A group of us met in West Chester to celebrate Nicole’s 50th birthday. We enjoyed a great meal and then went back to Nicole’s place to eat cake and celebrate some more.
My piece of cake had just a little frosting on it 🤭
Sunday morning, we didn’t go to church. Jacob was on antibiotics for an infection and wasn’t feeling well. We stayed home in case he needed us which he did- he could have survived on his own but we stayed and watched church from home.
In the afternoon, Abby and I went to the mall to take back a coat for her and to do some Christmas shopping. We found some good deals.
Once home, we worked on a craft project. If the project turned out, we were going to make more for Christmas presents. The verdict is not out completely… the project needs some more tweaking, that’s for sure, before the items are gift ready. We did do something that I knew would turn out: we melted chocolate and dipped Oreo cookies in the chocolate. We added sprinkles to them. Abby is bringing them back to her friends at school. Speaking of school, we didn’t take her back on Sunday! Instead, we decided I’d take her back on Monday morning since her first class isn't until late morning. That plan didn't exactly pan out but she did get back to school.
Aside from Jacob not being 100%, it was a good weekend.







Oh I always love your Christmas decorations Maria- especially in the dining room- I am sure they are bringing you JOY- sorry Jacob wasn't feeling well!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Holly. Things didn't get better for him, today, unfortunately. He'll need outpatient surgery ;(. But yes, the holiday decorations are bringing me joy!
DeleteYour decorations are just lovely! I still haven't really put up my village yet either. (My oldest did pull out all the pieces but they're just sitting on the table and I haven't bothered to arrange them).
ReplyDeleteGood luck getting yours assembled! My youngest used to love the village and insisted that we put it up. Since she's not as into it anymore, I find my motivation lacking. But I know I will be glad once it's up!
DeleteWhoa buddy that cake has some frosting - that sugar fix should hold you over for a bit:) Goodness you decorations look so pretty...gives me some incentive to do at least a little something around here. Hope that Jacob is feeling 100 percent!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Jennifer! The icing was a bit much, lol, but I do love a sugary sweet as can be icing!! I think my icing is better than this bakery's is and it is known for its excellent cakes. Anyway, it was fun to indulge in during the weekend of excess! Jacob was doing better by the end of Monday. The morning was rough and required a trip to the ER but he is doing much better now.
DeleteI'm so glad you had a good weekend, in spite of Jacob not feeling his best. Thankfully it wasn't all of you that were sick! Your home looks lovely...I look forward to seeing more! I get it about loving an undone house in January. Ha! I love the decor though....and usually never tire of it until Christmas day, because that's when everything gets messy. Thank goodness for livestreamed church services! That's one good thing that came from the dreaded C word in 2020.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Jennifer! Yes, to live streamed church- for sure a good thing to come out of C ;). Thanks about the house- it is so enjoyable to see it decorated. Looking forward to seeing pics of your house, too!
DeleteI am with you on the Christmas decorating....I love it all, but there is a good feeling of a clean slate after taking it all down! Enjoy your week!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Marilyn! For sure- I love the decorations but will love a cleaner look come January!
DeleteI'm sorry illness threw a wrench in some of your plans. Boo. And I too love the look of a clean house in January. But I also love the coziness of a decorated house in December :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Natasha! Yes, it was unfortunate and it didn't end with the weekend but things are better now. I know I will be ready for a less cluttered look in January- or possibly before the year ends ;).
Delete