Friday Photos
Here's a look back into what made it into the camera roll on my phone this past week. In general, I take pictures of things to help me remember something I need to remember, I take screen shots of humorous or political or inspirational memes, and of course I take photos of images that I want to preserve. This week was no different in the picture taking/ screenshot saving department and here are a few photos that document the mundane moments of the week.
I got this picture of Alyssa and her best friend through Snapchat. I joined the ranks of the snappers only because Snapchat recently put some (almost negligible but still) parental controls for parents of teens. But the parent has to be on Snapchat in order to use the controls. So I joined. I am only friends (is that even in the vernacular?) with Alyssa, her best friend (in a group chat), Donnie and Jacob and Abby. I have no desire to use SC as much more than a way to keep tabs on Alyssa (she knows this. To use the parental controls, the teen has to opt in so teens know if their parents are using the controls). Don't get me wrong, the filters are fun to use and what gal on the wrong side of forty doesn't want to see her facial features softened and enhanced?
The group snaps and pictures of Alyssa and her best friend crack me up:
I deleted the IG app months ago but decided I wanted to still look at some IG accounts. So I created a new account, have zero followers and follow zero people, did not download the app (so I have to open a browser to scroll) and, due to those measures, have not spent as much time on IG as I did before.
I took a screenshot of this post. Sometimes I send these types of posts (ones that display hypocrisy, overt bias, outrageous things that politicians or celebrities say about current events, etc) to the kids. All three kids are in public educational institutions and suffice it to say that my political leanings are quite different than the leanings of the majority of those in academia and in mainstream media; I feel it's imperative to give examples of what "other side" believes and publishes to my kids because I know they aren't going to hear anything negative about the other side in their respective schools.
Oh boy (/Oh girl?)...
Moving on to a lighter and better smelling subject, this week I took wax melt action. Alyssa and I were in Walmart to buy something Alyssa needed for school and I couldn't help but notice that its wax melt selection was meager and that my favorite scent was not available to purchase. I don't know if it's a supply chain issue or what but I wasn't chancing running out of my favorite wax melt scent. I checked my wax melt stash once at home and saw that I only had four packages left of my favorite scent. The time to act was now before I ran out completely. Walmart did have some on its website but I found a better deal on Scentsationals website (only because I got a new customer discount). To get free shipping, I had to order a large quantity but that's fine.
This scent is so good! Though it's called pumpkin apple muffin, I don't think it's a purely fall scent. I use it year round except at Christmas when the ambrosial scent of balsamic fir (via wax melts) delights our olfactory senses. People who come to our house when I have a pumpkin apple muffin wax melt on almost always comment about how good the house smells.
This order should help to keep the house smelling good ;)













I am so overdue for a trip to TJ's- your snack pics are making me want to go now! Ha! Love the pics as always :)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Holly! TJ's kills it in the snack department ;).
Delete