First day of school(s)
She started her sophomore year of school. So far she has a schedule snafu (it has not been resolved yet but hopefully very soon) but other than that, the year is going well for her. She has a ride to and from school every day so no more bus rides for her- yah! She plans to start driving herself when she gets her drivers license but for now she is dependent on the kindness of others (including me- I drive her one of the ways) to avoid riding on the bus. I am grateful that so far, her high school does not have a mask wearing requirement. I know that could change. If it does, I will be grateful that she was able to at least start the school year mask free.
I subbed at one of our district's schools on Thursday and Friday of last week. It was the first time I have ever subbed the first week of school. I was subbing for a long term sub. The teacher is on maternity leave and the long term sub had to take two days off because she was dropping one of her kids off at college out of state. At the end of the last year school, I was asked if I would be interested in the long term sub position. I could not say "No" fast enough, followed quickly by, "I mean, no thanks but thank you for thinking of me!" After two days of subbing for the long term sub, I am confident that I made the right (quick!) decision. I honestly, for the most part, enjoyed spending Thursday and Friday in the classroom but the knowledge that I did not have to return on Monday was... even more enjoyable :).
Speaking of Monday, Abby started her college classes on Monday. She had a long day of classes combined with some long walks (her dorm is not near the business school where she has most of her classes, unfortunately) and also, unfortunately, Monday was super hot. It has been nice to keep in convenient contact with her via texting.
First day of sophomore year...
Not an influencer (lol!)- took this picture (purposely avoiding my face...) to show my partial first day of school outfit. I guess I hadn't settled on a top (the one I am wearing in the photo is an old t-shirt from dance that I didn't consider wearing with the pants (obviously!)) yet. Pants are from H&M if I inspired anyone :).
Abby sent me this photo from Monday, her first day of classes at Miami. She was near a Starbucks and they were giving out cups of ice water.




Such an exciting time! Love those H&M pants! Hope Abby is having a blast!
ReplyDelete